Chapter 9

The lift drew to a sudden halt, signalling the end of your journey in this rusted, jagged and unsafe lift. The doors opened with the same, horrid, high pitched scream as they did above you, revealing a cave life structure, lit only by...

"Candles?" You said with confusing, stepping out before Monty with curiosity.

"Maybe they were placed by the workmen" Monty said, meeting your side with urgency.

"Stay close to me, Y/N" Monty insisted, taking your hand again.

"I don't want to loose you, not here" The alligator added, before you both ascended into this unknown.

Continuing forward, you followed the candles as you walked, as there was only one way forward, almost as if it were purposely made. Continuing on, you noticed notes on the floor, all rough drawings of unidentifiable words, drawn with different coloured crayons...

Were these children's drawings? You thought to yourself, sending a shiver down your spine that twitched your body with a chill.

"You good...?" Monty asked, as you both walked forward, his eyes not leaving the darkness before him.

"Yeah..." You said in an uncertain reply.

You both continued forth silently, your hands grabbing one another's in comfort. You shot your gaze forward, in an attempt to ignore the children's scribbles on the floor, in damaged notes, clenching your jaw as you did, for the uncertainty of what happened to these poor, unfortunately souls.

"Y/N" Monty said, not taking his eyes from in front of him as he called you, slowing his pace.

"Do you see that?" Monty whispered, and you followed his gaze.

There was a sign in front of you, and the foundation of what looked like the remains of a restaurant, shown by the ruined long table inside, and the main stage, even the plastic forks and knives scattered on the floor.

"Fredbears family diner..." you read the rusted, red sign aloud...could this be? One of the old Pizzerias.

"This is an old Fredbear sight...could be from about 40 years ago..." You whispered in awe, before noticing a hole in the middle of the floor of the old pizzeria.

As if hidden, it was covered with a white blanket, to which Monty lifted once you had both approached the hole. It was a gaping void, accessible by loose planks of wood buried into the cave walls...

Your only way of getting down.

Monty made the decision to lift you up, cradling you with both, steady and strong arms, looking forward before descending carefully down into the unknown hole.

The wood creaked before every footstep that Monty made, it was the first time you'd heard the Alligator so tenderly step down with each connection his feet made to the floor. You leaned over to look at every foot that Monty placed down, sweat covering your greasy forehead and hair as you both descended down carefully.

And finally, hard ground. It seemed that the Gator was also edged up as he took a sigh, placing you down, and taking your hand.

"Let's go...I have a feeling we are where we are meant to be...it's just to-" Monty paused as you both walked a little further, and you noticed why.