Chapter Eighteen

Amara pov

This coming weekend is valentines. Ugh.

It's Tuesday now, I went home yesterday after spending the at Stefano's. They didn't want me to leave but my brother is leaving in this month, I have to spend time with him.

I'm currently in my office, waiting for Marco to come. He should've been here two hours ago.

Call

Stefano : Hey mi Amore, I'm sorry I can't come drop Marco. We're really busy today.

Amara : but I want my baby. *pout*.

Stefano : I'm sorry Amore. Look, I have to go but I promise I'll make it up to you. Bye love.

Hangs up

It's soo boring here. I get out of my office and go to the front. Steve is standing there with a huge smile on his face.

"Hey Mara" he says as I get closer to him.

He hugs me me tightly and burries his face in my neck. It doesn't feel the same as it does with Stefano though. He kisses my neck making me push him away. His eyes flicker with anger but he quickly masks it and gives me a confused look.

"Steve, I have a boyfriend. We've been through this for years now, I don't have feelings for you." I say.

His jaw clenches and so does his fists. He breathes harshly before he relaxes again. What the heck?

"I'm better than him, you'll see" he says before leaving.

I shrug and take my purse from the counter. I immediately get a cab and direct him to Stefano's office.

__________

Stefano pov

"Marco please, Papà's busy. I can't take you to Mamma." I say for the 100th time. He won't stop crying and whining about going to Amara.

"I want Mamma!" he yells. He's on the floor crying and throwing his toys around. We haven't found the person that stole my file yet and police are useless. All they said was that it's a woman, we all know that.

"Marco! Stop crying and let me focus!" I yell making him flinch. This is the first time I've yelled at him. He looks at me shocked before he starts crying again. Fuck.

"Hey boss man, someone's here to see Marco" Dante says, popping his head in my office.

I gesture for him to let the person in. It must be my mom. My dad is sick and they don't want Marco to get it that's why he's here with me.

Dante opens the door wider and gestures for the person to come in. Marco is still crying and sniffling. I lay my head on my arms and close my eyes.

I assume the person came in cause Marco immediately goes quiet.

"Mamma!" I hear. I shoot my head up to see Amara picking him up.

"Why's my baby crying mmm?" she asks while kissing his cheek.

I'm in trouble.

Marco starts crying again and points his finger at me. Oh no.

"What did Papà do mmm? Tell mamma" Amara says softly while rocking him.

"Papà yell at Mawco" he says and hides his face in Amara's neck. She glares at me.

"Where are his bags Stefano?" she asks.

I point to the sofa and she walks over to get his bag. She throws it around her shoulder.

"I'm taking him to my place." she says before walking out.