Chapter forty

The rest of the day went by in a blur, Sophie wasn't allowed to participate in P.E. (Bianas rule) which was unfair. She totally could've beat everyone with one hand. At the end of the day, Sophie and her friends stood at the front of the school.

She had asked Linh if she wanted to go shopping with her. Sophie had not spent much one-on-one time with her, and she was the least likely to turn her room into a sparkly pink Barbie house. Luckily, she said yes.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Fitz whispered into her ear. She blushed when she felt his breath on her cheek.

"Yeah," she told him. Of course Sophie wasn't, she was terrified to accidentally move her arm, she was scared that if it got any worse, Elwin would have to chop it off.

Sophie looked over to see Biana standing next to Dex, so close that their shoulders were touching. She had noticed over the past few days that they would sneak glances at each other and blush when they looked directly into each other's eyes.

Was Biana really falling for Dex?. It was adorable honestly. But Sophie had never imagined that to ever happen. Good for them.

Everyone dispersed, leaving only Sophie, Linh, Tam, and Sandor who had stepped into view once most students were gone.

"Are you ready to go?" Sophie asked Linh.

"Yup! Sorry Tammy, you're gonna have to let us go for a bit," Linh winked at her twin as he glared daggers at back at her.

"Don't call me that." He grumbled and walked away. Sophie had a feeling he would still be watching.

"Let's go!" Sophie linked arms with her friend and led her to her car.

Linh offered to drive, which Sophie decided was probably best, she slid into the passengers seat, leaving Sandor to sit in the back.

"Thanks for this Sophie," Linh said as she pulled onto the highway. "I haven't been out with a friend for ages!"

"No problem."

They chatted for a bit before they pulled into the parking lot of the mall. Sophie grabbed her wallet from her backpack and stepped out of the car.

Linh linked her arm with Sophie's again and they headed for the most normal part of their lives that they'd both had in a while.

"So what are we looking for?" Linh asked as they stepping into the shopping centre. Sandor disappeared again.

"I was thinking of getting a few things for my room, like printing out pictures and stuff. What do you want to do?"

"Oh I wanna help with that! I don't really need anything, but I really like interior designing." Linh said.

"Okay, great! Cause I have almost no clue where to start."

Linh laughed. "I'm going to admit, your room is kind of bland. It's modern, but you need some 'Wow!' Do you know what I mean?"

"Kind of."

"You know what you should do? A coloured wall. Just one. It would make your room look amazing." Sophie could tell Linh was really excited about this, but she knew her friend would not go too over board.

"Yeah, I think that would be great. How about green?" Sophie really liked the colour green. It represented life and it was very comforting for her.

"Yes! Perfect! It's going to be a bit of a project, but we can get it done!"

They walked around the mall, looking in stores for fake plants and tall mirrors. Linh found a fuzzy white carpet that she absolutely fell in love with.