2. Tomorrow is Another Day

Dedicated for my first voter AziaElga
---

He read it. Shit. How much did he read? Did he know it was about him?

Cobie's head jerks up to reread BreadPitt's messages. He wrote 'superior' instead of 'boss' or 'manager', which means it doesn't have to be Luke. It can be Bram or Sam. But, oh, those two guys are in their forties and happily married. Would Luke buy it?

Notyourgirl: Guess what? The very person was just sitting here on my chair and reading your freaking messages!

It was stupid of her for leaving the screen on when she ran to the bathroom. In her defense, who would have guessed that Luke was going to pop up in her cubicle and wait for her there? He'd never done it before.

Glancing at the clock that says 9:41 PM, Cobie sighs before roaming her eyes over the large and empty office space. Working overtime alone is just tedious, but as Luke said, this is the big fish they need to catch. Maybe she can take a taxi instead of catching the train home once she's done, to reward herself. If she knew she would stay back this late, she would have brought her car...or maybe not, because her family needs it more than she does.

The small red dot in the bottom corner of her screen blinks again, showing BreadPitt's new message. She has been ignoring him for hours now. Talking to him is fun and can be addictive, but it's not a good idea when she has a project to complete.

Notyourgirl: Almost done! Finally. Now waiting for the data to upload. And why did you send me all those weird GIFs?

BreadPitt: Because I was bored

Notyourgirl: Why not talk with other girls on the sites?

BreadPitt: I did but they were no fun today. One chick asked to meet up this weekend. I might go and give it a try. You haven't answered my question btw

Notyourgirl: What question? I told you he is not to seduce. Not in a million years.

BreadPitt: Not that. I was curious why you find him hot but not hot enough to bang

Notyourgirl: That's not what I said.

BreadPitt: Okay. Not hot enough for you to make a move

Notyourgirl: Wait, the files are done. Need to send them now.

After writing a brief message to Luke, Cobie adds his secretary's, Bram's, and the research analyst team's email to the carbon copy field. She clicks the 'Send' button, but then she realizes that one file isn't on the attachment list. The biggest one.

"Shit!"

The chat box blinks again.

BreadPitt: So?

Notyourgirl: Wait. One file didn't upload for some reason. I need to redo it.

BreadPitt: Why didn't you just do the rest tomorrow morning and go home? It doesn't make any

BreadPitt: Fuck! My cat is puking on my carpet

Notyourgirl: Ouch! Good luck with that!

Cobie glances at the progress bar which shows 37% uploaded. She has a little time now.

Notyourgirl: So, about your question.