Chapter 60: Modern Day Life Lesson Forty Three

A/N: We're at chapter 60!!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Let's goooooo!!!

Lunch time, the period of time everyday that the school itself got more lively, and today, it was incomparable to any normal day because the excited noise the students were making was loud enough to make anyone walking by wonder if the school buildings were coming to life. About seventy five percent of the noise was made by the excited students enjoying themselves in finding out what their fellow classmates would look like in suits and dresses and with makeup on. The other twenty five percent, however, was made because of another reason.

"Iwasaki Iris withdrew from the school?" Emilia repeated what she just heard, stopping halfway up the stairs. Emilia, Rem, Ram, Beatrice, and Shiori were just on their way back to their homeroom, and as they walked and chatted, the four noticed Shiori acting rather oddly, and after being questioned if she was feeling good, she told them the latest rumor about Iwasaki Iris. "I don't know, but that was what I heard earlier." Shiori said, heaving a small sigh. They started walking again. "Shiori-san, can you explain it more clearly?" Rem asked. Ram and Beatrice nodded, the former with her arms folded. "Ram is indifferent about that extra, but this is odd indeed." She said.

"I don't know, honestly, but I can tell you what the rumors that just sprang up are saying. Iwasaki Iris didn't come to school today, and when people in her class questioned their homeroom teacher about her, he said she took a sick leave. But not long ago her friends in her inner circle, you know, those being called the Elite Four, they revealed that she actually withdrew. A lot of her classmates when to question their teacher further but he insisted that she was just on a sick leave." Shiori said while the four listened with a slight frown. They were back at their classroom. "Hm, so she's not coming back?" Emilia asked as Rem pulled the door open for them. "I really don't know. Her friends might be bluffing, but I see no reason in why they would do so." Shiori said, and they entered their classroom.

"But there's another rumor. It isn't recent and has been going on ever since she got in our school." Shiori said seriously. "The rumor says that she has a huge family background and is unbelievably well connect. She tried to pick on you before but lost and seemed to have stopped coming to school since the start of this semester, but after the information about the Valentine's event was released, she came back. And now with all these odd rumors going on, students and teachers giving different statements, it gives me a very ominous feeling." Shiori finished, looking at the four.

"Thank you for telling us all of this, Shiori-san. I know it all sounds weird but since she isn't here today, let's just leave thoughts about her behind and enjoy today, ne?" Emilia said, smiling and cheering her up, and Shiori smiled too. "Okay, I will cheer up. Thank you, Emilia-san, minna. I'll enjoy myself today! We've worked so hard for it so there's no way I am going to let it be ruined!" She said, her voice energetic and cheerful again, and the girls nodded, beaming. "Well then, I think we should change into our suits now?" Emilia suggested. "Hai, Emilia-sama." Rem and Ram said in unison and Beatrice nodded. "Ah, I'll look forward to it!!" Shiori said, clapping her hands together excitedly.

The four got the bags containing their clothes and headed to the changing room. They arrived there a few moments later. "Oh, no one's here. That's nice." Emilia said as they all got in. They then started changing, and a few more minutes later, they were done, wearing suits that they had gotten used to seeing but not so when it came to wearing. "Beatrice, can I help you tie your hair?" Emilia asked. "Alright, Emilia." Beatrice replied and turned her back to her, and Emilia started tying her hair into a high bun. "Then Rem shall help Emilia-sama." Rem said, approaching her.

"It's fine, I'll do it." Puck showed up above Emilia's head, winking at Rem. "Hai, Puck-sama." Rem said, bowing her head. "Hello, Puck." Emilia said, smiling. "Yaho, Lia, Betty." He said, waving his small paw. "I couldn't have let anyone else but me to be the one tying my beloved daughter's pretty hair for the first time when she's wearing such an interesting outfit." Puck said, chuckling and gathering Emilia's hair and tying it into a high ponytail with pretty braids. "Ah Puck, just a ponytail is fine. That doesn't really fit today's theme." Emilia said. "Eh~~~ well, fine, just a ponytail, if you say so." Puck said in an unwilling but funny tone.