Chapter 13

Inei's POV. Butterfly Estate.

After almost a month already passed and I decided that Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Inosuke are fully recovered and is stronger than before.

This made me proud that they grew up to be stronger than before.

Suddenly, my Kasugai Crow, Kage arrived and relayed a message from the Headquarters.

Kage: Inei Saito, Shinobu Kocho, you two are requested by Oyakata-sama to come at the Ubuyashiki Estate.

Me who was meditating on top of the Butterfly Estate, found this strange.

I immediately came down from the roof and I asked my crow.

Inei: Shinobu and I are being summoned by Kagaya-sama? For what reason?

Kage: I'm afraid I don't even know the reason. He just told me it is urgent.

Inei: ........

I heard Shinobu's footsteps as she probably heard Kage.

Shinobu: Inei, is it true?

Inei: My crow confirmed it. We're being summoned by Kagaya-sama.

Inei: It is an urgent mission, I don't know what made it so urgent but my gut is telling me that this is somehow connected to me.

Shinobu: ..........

I immediately changed to my travelling clothes. My black kimono, gray hakama pants, red haori, and the purple scarf.

Shinobu wore her demon slayer uniform with the haori of Kanae-san.

Shinobu: Shall we?

Inei: Yeah.

We both head out to the Ubuyashiki Estate and when we arrived, we saw Kyojurou-san receiving his orders.

Kyojurou: Ah, Kocho, Saito.

Inei: It looks like your heading out?

Kyojurou: To the Infinity Train.

Inei: The Infinity Train........

Inei: I heard the situation upon missing passengers who boarded the said train.

Inei: .........

Inei: I also heard that we sent many of our comrades to investigate what is going on, just to cut off our communication with them.

Kyojurou: It is as you said, Saito.

Kyojurou: A demon is lurking inside the train.

Inei: ..........

Inei: I expect it to be a Lower Rank Demon.........

Inei: But be on your guard, the Lower Ranks aren't also to be underestimated.

Kyojurou: Haha! Don't worry. Also, coming from you, who singlehandedly wiped out a generation of the Lower Moons would say such a thing?