Chapter Twenty Three

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

WESTON LOCKE

My fist throbbed uncontrollably as we took the short journey back to Micah's apartment, he was in the back, hand in hand with Valentina as she looked out the window whilst silently crying.

I knew I had to calm down but I still had a build up of frustration in my veins, replaying over and over what Valentina's ex-boyfriend was saying to all of us. My jaw clenches as the driver pulls up outside their block of flats.

Micah rushes to get out of his side, helping Valentina out the other. I stay in the car for a few moments as the driver looks over at me, flicking his eyes down to my bruising knuckles.

A deep sigh releases from my throat as I turn to him and nod. "Thanks," I say bluntly before popping open the car door and following Micah and Valentina up to their floor.

I give them both some space as Micah pushes their way into their apartment. Guiding Valentina to her room as she mumbles out something that I couldn't understand.

My foot shuts the door behind us and I make my way over to the table, dragging out one of the chairs and sliding down into it. I sigh and rest my elbows onto the edge, running my hands over my face before gripping the roots of my hair.

I couldn't shake what had happened thirty minutes ago.

He hurt Micah, he was the one that beat Micah's face black and blue.

Fuck.

I should have punched him harder, so much harder. And it still wouldn't be enough.

Valentina's door shuts behind me but I don't look over my shoulder, quiet footsteps approach and stop beside the chair. Micah then falls into the seat next to me and leans forward to grip my throbbing hand between his.

My head turns to him slowly as he examines the skin, he sighs and drops his forehead to my knuckles, closing his eyes in the process. Then he lifts his lips up to the curve of my hand and places a delicate kiss on it.

"That piece of shit hurt you," I ground out as Micah catches my eyes.

He nods instantly. "Yeah," he breathes out quietly. "He was hurting Vee, I couldn't just stand there and do nothing."

Micah's hand slides up my arm as he shuffles closer to me in the chair, resting his head down onto my shoulder. Entwining our fingers together gently.

"You're a good person for standing up for her," I tell him sincerely. "I just wish you told me at the time."

His head moves from my shoulder slightly to look up at me. "We weren't that close," he shakes his head slowly. "And it was Valentina's business. I didn't want to talk about it when she was comfortable telling anyone."

"I know," my voice drops. "Just piecing it all together. I lost it, seeing him, listening to what he said."

"Thank you," Micah presses a kiss to my arm, his eyes peeking up at me. "Thank you for standing up for us. Both of us. Valentina really needed you tonight."

"Theo would have done the same," I say as my jaw tightens.

"I wish I could have done more," Micah's voice cracks as he pulls away. "But Arran was right, he probably would beat me to shit again. He's like three times the size of me."

"Hey," I shake my head towards him as he looks down to the table. "You still defended her, it doesn't always have to be a fist fight. But you were still there for her, regardless of the fact you knew he'd be there."