𝕮𝖍𝖊𝖋 𝕽𝖔𝖆𝖈𝖍

Vera was on the long leather chair in the living room seriously considering whether to let Erha sleep in the living room or wake her up to go to her bed. Erha had just fallen on a chair immediately she entered the house and fallen fast asleep. Vera couldn't tell if it was her story that bored her to that extent or she was just so tired.

Waking Erha up seemed like a good sisterly thing to do as she was sure no one could wake up feeling very good after sleeping on rock hard leather. On hand number two, it felt like such a death deserving crime to disturb such angelic sleeping.

Vera was still deep in quiet pondering when she heard from the kitchen the sound of a knife chopping against a cutting board intertwining beautifully with the bubbling of a pot boiling over. The aroma of something sweet and spicy assailed her nose, it was like that of an exotic dish she had never heard of

Vera stood up and padded over to the kitchen. The aroma got stronger as she got closer to the kitchen and now as she was behind the closed door of the kitchen she could almost perceive each smell individually.

Vera opened the door and was bathed in a heaven of spices, whatever she was perceiving before was child's play compared to what she now perceived. From the bewitching smell of curry powder to the mouth-watering odour of thyme, the irresistible aroma of peppery fried chicken and something else; an aroma that made every other thing seem disgusting in comparison, Vera was enchanted.

"Happy Birthday Vera" A huge sign read from above her head, the tiled white walls of the kitchen seemed newly washed, kitchen utensils connected to black balloons circled the large kitchen table which was covered in flowers of a type Vera had never seen.

The dazzling moment was shattered when vera saw the thing she had now dubbed "meanster roach". It stood with his back to her, merrily stirring a pot of bubbling red liquid and humming.

Vera stared in shock unable to believe her eyes. It had grown much bigger than the last time she had seen it and in fact now had wings. Whatever inner peace she had left was gone now, leaving behind a bunch of unanswered questions

"Why..why are you here " vera questioned, "why the fork are you still here"

"Waaas I suppooosed to be gone," it asked
a tense vera without turning to her

Had it all been in vain? Vera asked herself, had all the prayers and everything been for nothing? did god listen to her at all? does he even listen? does God even exist?

"Oooh my, oooh my... You really want to kill me huh" it said slightly giggling "you're going about it the wrong way"

"Theee truth is if I had follllowed you into the church I wooould have died for sure... i dooon't want that" it said "ssssilly...just silly birthday girl"

"ssssome wine Madame," it said

A wine glass filled nearly to the brim with red liquid floated towards her from the kitchen cupboards at blinding speed

Vera slapped the glass away instinctively, sending it flying against the kitchen wall where it bounced and flew straight towards the thing, hitting it solidly on the head and shattering it into a thousand pieces.

Her hand flew to her mouth on instinct as she awaited her faith. One big unanswerable question presented itself to her. What happens next?.

The thing paused for a moment and then shattered like glass into a million tiny pieces which disappeared just before hitting the ground.

Vera was alone in the kitchen once again confused, she was on the brink of insanity and she knew it. The thing had left the kitchen and every traces that it had ever been there was gone along with the decorations and the beautiful smell of spice.

It was like waking up from a crazy dream... except you never slept