eleven

A big smile was still plastered on Heeseung's face. He quietly opened the entrance door to his house, making sure there was no one seeing his happy expression.

"Did something good happen?" A familiar male voice asked out of the blue. His heart dropped at the sight of his father sitting in the living room.

He stared at the tv in front of him that wasn't even on. He must've been waiting for me, he thought to himself.

Mr Lee fixed his posture as he sipped his wine, "Take a seat."

Heeseung hesitantly sat across from his father. He knew there was nothing good going to happen whenever his father starts to wait for him to come home.

"I'm not going to wait long. I'll just cut to the chase. I heard you're dating your competition, Areum. Is that true?" He asked, his voice serious and frightening.

"So what?" Heeseung answered back. Mr Lee let out an amused chuckle, amazed that his son was arguing against him.

"Lee Heeseung, she's your biggest competition. You're just going to let her get in your head and let her win? You're a son of a famous politician, Heeseung-ah. You must win and get first place every time!"

"But dad–"

"What will people say if my son couldn't get the first place? Your mom always got first place in class. I also got first place every time in class. So you must compete with her and win! I will not let you lose!"

"I'm fine with dating her, dad. She's not getting into my head so you don't have to worry," Heeseung tried to convince his father.

Mr Lee scoffed and held both of his son's shoulders, "Heeseung-ah, she's trying to get into your head! She couldn't just like you after all these years of hating you. Don't you think that it's a bit weird she suddenly confessed to you?"

Heeseung gave his father a death stare before walking away, "Suit yourself, dad. You can say whatever you want. I love her and I'll rebel against you if I have to."

His father clenched his jaw out of anger, glaring at him. "Lee Heeseung. You can't possibly forget that I am powerful, right?"

Heeseung stopped and turned around to face his father, "What do you mean?"

"She has a father who works as police. Her stepmother works as a kindergarten teacher. Her real mother is nowhere to be found. I have all the details about Areum's family and you think I can't ruin her life?"

"Don't you dare, father," Heeseung gritted his teeth.

"Breakup with her. End of discussion. Or I'll ruin her life and have her be a beggar at the streets in the future."

Heeseung's heart dropped as he watched as his father walked past him. He grabbed his father's wine glass before throwing it towards the wall.

He watched as the glass shattered into pieces.

And this is where things go downhill...

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

Mrs Jung happily washed the dishes as Areum was tasting the cake she baked. "How is it?" The stepmother asked.

"It's great," Areum smiled before feeding some of the cake to her. The doorbell suddenly rang, making them flinch in surprise.

"I'll get it!" Areum said before scurrying towards the entrance door. She opened the door and saw Beomgyu smiling, his hands buried in the pockets of his hoodie.

"Hey," he gave her a soft smile.

"Hey."

They both sat on the bench outside of the house, staring at the night sky. "I came here to give you this," Beomgyu said before handing her a beanie that he knitted.

"Wow, you're really good at knitting," she complimented. "I learned it from my mom," he said, happy that she liked it.

He noticed that she was a bit uncomfortable with her hair down. She kept pushing her hair off her shoulders and frowning. He sighed before taking out a hair tie from his pocket, "You keep forgetting to tie your hair."

She thanked him as he tied her hair into a messy bun. He carefully pulled the strands of her hair, making sure he doesn't hurt her.

Beomgyu loved her and he would do anything for her. He even watched videos of how to tie a girl's hair because he noticed that Areum always forget to tie hers.

He learned knitting from his mother just to impress Areum and he was glad that she keeps all of the things that he knitted.

"Are you okay? About the F that you got earlier in maths? What did your parents say?" She asked full of concern.

"They're unexpectedly okay about it. They just told me to rest and do well in the final exam. Don't worry, my parents are not strict and scary like Heeseung's dad."

She let out an amused chuckle, "I feel like his parents don't even expect him anything since he always does well."

"I just hope Heeseung's okay since there's an upcoming exam. I hope his dad doesn't pressure him too much."