68

" BONDITA !!!!!!! BATUK !!!!!!!!"

Aniruddh stood at the door step of the haveli with a paper in his hand and he looked like he was ready to kill. He had gone out early for his office and had bought a set of shaka Pola for Bondita as soon as the shops opened. He received a call from haveli, Bihari, informing him of a letter from the school. He had a little free time at his hands so he decided to go back to haveli to have a look at the letter.

Not in any of his imaginations could he have come up with what he read.

Batuk had now reached down the stairs, his head bowed.

" What is this ?" Aniruddh waved the paper at his little brother's face " WHAT IS THIS !!!????"

Batuk flinched but stood still. His Dada was shouting at him for the first time and to think it made him a little happy. He always knew his Dada didn't discriminate between his wife and little brother but still he had not gotten direct attention of his Dada much other than that one time he gave him a lesson on sex education and a few other incidents.

" I AM ASKING YOU SOMETHING !!!"

Binoy and Trilochan entered the haveli after taking a tour of their lands to Aniruddh shouting at top of his lungs at the very entrance of the haveli and surprisingly it was not bahu being targeted.

" BATUK ANSWER ME !!!"

" What happened Aniruddh ?" Binoy asked.

" Ask your son !"

" Aniruddh calm down beta." His Kaka requested but Aniruddh's glaring eyes didn't leave Batuk.

" Where is she ?" Batuk heard his Dada ask. " What did you two do ?"

" Dada..."

" WHAT DID YOU TWO DO TO GET SUSPENDED ??!"

Batuk was scared of not the vocal punishment his Dada was giving him now but of his reaction when he would come to know the truth.

" It says here you were suspended for inappropriate conduct with a teacher. You...you two..." Aniruddh tried to calm himself. Batuk had always been naughty, talkative. Boosted about his family but never once had he misbehaved with others. He was a free spirit...a child at heart but he too was raised with same values and culture Som and he himself were brought up with. Batuk had never put their reputation at stake then what was this ? Bondita... He knew people threw trouble her way left and right and he would have not been too surprised if he received such letter with only her name because that was what people did to her. Trying to make her life hell.
But Batuk's name on the letter told him something serious had actually happened.

" Yes Dada..."

" Yes Dada...?!! Yes Dada...??? Baba did you hear him ? This boy...! And where is she ? Where is that girl...?"

" Dada..."

" Tell me Batuk. What happened ?"

" Please..."

" TELL ME !!"

" I can't." Batuk finally raised his head.

" What ?"

" Dada... It is true. We misbehaved with a teacher. "

" Why ?!" Aniruddh was loosing patience with his brother.

" I can't tell you."

" Batuk, I am warning you..."

" It is not that I don't want to tell you Dada." Batuk raised his voice but the next moment his eyes were casted down " it is that I actually can't tell you..."