54

"Mind telling me who the young man at the gate is?"

Was her father's greeting as soon as she stepped down stairs. Eunha crunched er brows together before remembering Renjun's text to her that morning.

"Oh, uh-a friend?"

"I'm glad you made friends with the Eastern tribe, but put some distance between you and the boy"

"Sweetheart, let her live her life please"

Eunha coughed as she stared at the two who brought her to this world. She had forgotten that Renjun was coming to pick her up.

"But she's a baby!"

"She's 20, stop it-Eunha can you believe your dad? He started courting me when we were 17!"

She sweat dropped as she began to slip away from the fighting couple.

"Uh, I'm...gonna go"

"But he's, he's the son of the eastern tribe alph-"

"So? that didn't stop you when you were courting me"

"Oh come on, Mia luce"

Eunha giggled as she made her way outside the door, her parents still fighting behind her.

She skipped her way towards the gate, Renjun's black car already in sight-  she nodded at the guard at the gate as she swiftly entered the boy's car.

Renjun already smiling towards her way as she strapped on her seat belt.

"Let's go?"

"Yeah, mind if I play a song?"

"Nah go ahead"

Eunha scrunched her nose as she scrolled on her playlists, not bothering to pair her phone as she had done previously so.

A strand of her hair falling unto her face as she pouted her lips, her brows furrowing as it was hard for her indecisive self to play a song both she and Renjun would enjoy. The later only chuckling as he began to drive, glancing at the girl from his rearview mirror from time to time.

Eunha sighed as she finally pressed a song, humming along to the beat.

"Isn't this Know Now by NTC W?"

"Wait you know this?"

"Of course, what do you think of me?"

Eunha looked at the boy as he asked in English, his brows furrowed as he had a genuinely offended look across his face, god was his accent cute.

"I just took you for someone who listened to Beethoven 27/4 365"

"I'll have you know Ariana Grande is my favorite 24/6 365"

The girl pursed her lips together into a thin smile trying to hide her giggles, how much progress did they really acquire to get closer to each other like this?"

The car ride turned silent as they stopped on a red light, Eunha focused on her phone; the ride to school was a good 10 minutes and they had only been a minute away. She could still see the gate of her house not even passing their fence yet.

Her train of thoughts were cut off when she heard him humming out next to her before he opened his mouth to sing.

"혼자라는 맘에 갇히거나
외로움에 한숨을 내쉬거나
느려지는 발을 멈추지는 마
'Cause you know now
'Cause you, 'cause you know now"

She couldn't help her jaw drop, it was a small line of the song yet his voice was already stuck inside her head. She wanted to hear more of it- feeling the girl's stare Renjun looked at his side.

His eyes meeting with hers, as he raised his brow. The bubbly and exciting song playing in the background for them.

"What?"

"You have a beautiful voice"

"I-Wha-?"

Renjun froze up, realizing what he had done- he had only sung in front of one person before, and that person was well gone. But the way her eyes shined with new found revere for him was something that had gotten him acting up.

His heart was pounding, he could feel his hands begin to feel clammy as he gripped the steering wheel. 

"Renjun?"

He hummed in response as he was broken out of his thoughts by her. Her eyes blinking at him as she pointed at the light then behind them.

"It's already a green light, and I think you caused a traffic"

Renjun shook his head, only noticing now the sound of horns hurrying them up. He took one last glance at the girl before starting his car again.

Get a grip, this isn't part of the plan.

Let's just say Christopher Bang is disappointed at the amount of my procrastination😩