Chapter 8

"Woah, that's concerning."

You sweated at the sight of Mariano singing a little too sadly broken, holding his bandaged nose. You stepped on Camilo's foot to stop him from laughing too much right in front of Mariano.

Antonio already went to find Mirabel, so you were stuck babysitting the most mischievous Madrigal.

"Mariano, if you want to, you can sit over there at the side," you comforted the heartbroken guy, as you would assumed. He held his heart and sighed dramatically. You blinked.

"I didn't know Isabela was not in love with me," he whispered to you as you pat his back, "And my nose, my dear nose-" He frowned and you could only stare at him.

"You know, why don't you sit there," you suggested as you did see a flower that could've reminded him of Isabela, "And stay? Who knows, may be someone's waiting for you. Now go, Mariano, go."

Camilo was barely holding his laugh in, as you gave him a single look. He grinned playfully and zipped his lips, finger gunning you. Rolling your eyes at this, you flicked your hand away as if shooing him and he dramatically gasped with no sound, holding his chest.

You laughed before nudging him, as you walked to help give some refreshments to the workers. You did not stay enough to see the love struck in his eyes, looking so dumb in admiration and sighing with a smile.

Oh. Love?

He blinked slowly.

He laughed in disbelief. There's no way. He's not the type to fall in love so fast- If anything, everyone falls in love with him, even with just mere sight of him or when they just met him few times. Even if they don't know him well yet-

He snapped back when he heard someone call him, "Camilo? Where's Omi?" Dolores asked as if she thought they would be together. Camilo looked around for you and he couldn't see you. He breathed in long enough to pierce his lips together.

"I," he grinned with a twitch on his smile, "Do not know." Dolores facepalmed before noticing Mirabel going to Mariano. She hiccupped before dashing when she heard her name being mentioned.

Camilo snickered at this before putting his hands inside his pockets and walking around to find you. He seemed to find it therapeutic in this small thing about searching you. It was as if, searching you was also letting him find himself.

Find himself falling-

Camilo blushed at the thought, holding his face partially in embarrassment at himself. If only you could know how much emotions you give him, with or without your presence. Just a mere thought of you was enough to make his heart race.

He messed his hair up, trying to release his tension. He pulled himself together before continuing the search for you.

Camilo was humming to himself when he heard a laughter. He couldn't stop the smile in his face, softening his eyes as he followed the sound. After for a while, he noticed other laughter coming from that direction. He peaked around the walls.

There you are.

"I've been looking for you," he whispered to himself, finding himself staring sweetly at you, laughing and dancing with the children who managed to always pull you to their little gigs. He crossed his arms and leaned to the wall, enjoying the view.

You finally noticed him and you rolled your eyes playfully before inviting him to join as you and the children were circling around a flower. You held out your hand to him while you were going around and he sighed with a smile before joining you.

Afterwards, you heard Camilo laugh genuinely. You smiled and didn't notice, that for once, he was himself, with you.

•°•°•

"Omi! Time for lunch!" Constanza called your name as you were resting with the other children, sitting in the flower fields, making flower crowns with Camilo and the children.

Truth to be told, Camilo wasn't very good, but you admire the way he didn't give up and managed to make a half decent flower crown. He placed the crown on your head and you pinched his cheek, laughing.

"Ow, my cheek," he pouted, rubbing his pinched cheek. You laughed again before standing up, "Will be there, Mami!" You waved to your mami who was waving back at you from a distance.

"We'll be eating on the town hall! Julietta, your mami and the others cooked a lot of food for everyone!" Friedamor called from the second floor, as she was one of the architects of the building. She was going down the ladder and your mami was dragging her to the town hall.

You nodded and dusted off the leaves and the dirt off the children's clothes, "All set, you guys did wonderful in the flower crowns," you and the children looked at the Madrigal who was grinning like an innocent dear.

Knowing what he wants to hear, you laughed and ruffled his hair, "You did great too, pequeñin." He grinned before his mood turned upside down when one of the children teased him for being bad.

He smirked mischievously, raising his hands and made faces at them. He was slouching down, being playful and attacking them, tickling and carrying some as the children laughed.

Camilo was truly a remarkable caring person.

You smiled at this and pinched his ear, "Ow ow ow- mi hermosa, owwww-" He laughed and nudged you. You blepped at him, "Move your feet, pequeñin, we need to go to get lunch."

"Come on, kids," you clapped your hands before pointing forward, "Last one is a rotten egg!" As you dashed forward, laughing.

"Not fair!!"

"Miss Sanchez had a head start!!"

As they ran after you, Camilo was the last one to move. Everything seemed to be in slow motion, as he saw you smiling brighter than the sun, shining more than the angels that bless, warmer than the flame of their miracle, surrounded by the laughter you created among others that were around you.

He couldn't help but to take a step before running after you. Its not like he doesn't want to be a rotten egg, but he ran and ran, a bright, genuine and sincere was on his face, as he reached out to you, grabbing your hand and you turned around.

Beautiful hues of your eyes that rival the shine of the heavens above, gazed deeply unto his earth-ful greens.

A thousand stars, hidden behind your eyes. A thousand words, hidden behind his.

There's no other way for him to feel like this.

He must be in love, he is.

°~°~°~°~°

Hohohoho, he's getting closer.

Also, should I take down the Author's note at the end? I don't particularly like seeing author's note at the end of the chapter or be in the chapter.

If I take it down, I can just post announcements since I'm more frequent in posting conversations in my profile. Though you would have to follow me to get updates and the like, and I don't want to add more burden aaaaaa.

Also, THANK YOU FOR THE 5.14k READS EVERYONE, IM SO HAPPY!!! Don't forget to vote and comment how the story feels so far! I will always love your comments even though I don't reply much ;3;

Have a great time!