CHAPTER 2. An Eventful Night Out

Thankfully, River hadn't felt the need to talk to me yet, and I had been laying on my bed doing homework for an hour.

Or at least, I had been here for an hour, I hadn't been working that long. I had really just been staring at my homework and feeling the need to bawl my eyes out.

I was overly emotional all the time over everything, only because being around the supernatural made humans insanely uncomfortable and it effects our emotions in the worst way possible.

Meaning I got angry quickly, sad in an instant, and afraid in the blink of an eye. Oh, and add my teenage hormones into the mix.

I was a constant mess of feelings, which made my life ten times harder than it should be.

I groaned and let my head fall into the pages, wrinkling them. A knock made me slowly lift my head and look over. Dune peeked his head through the open door.

"I'm back from work," he told me and took a step in my room. I rolled my eyes.

"Good for you," I grumbled.

Dune walked over to the side of my bed. "Working on homework?" I glanced up at his gray eyes and sighed, lifting the sheet.

"Yeah, math... I can't figure it out..." I rubbed my eyes, exhausted. I paused and tensed as Dune sat on my bed and looked thoughtfully at the problems.

"What are you doing?" I asked as he grabbed a pencil off my night stand.

Dune glanced at me. "You sounded like you were having trouble, so I thought you might want some help."

I looked away. "I can do it,"

I felt his eyes of disbelief and sighed, meeting his gaze. "Lion already tried to help me last week, he announced me a lost cause," I dug my nails into my palms. "I can't do it, it's too hard, I don't understand it,"

Dune hummed. "I'm not Lion, I'll just do your homework for you, but in exchange," he grinned. "Let's go out to eat tonight,"

I shrugged, waving at my sheet. "My teacher is a bitch, she'll know it wasn't my writing."

Dune glanced towards the door before leaning towards my ear. I was shocked at the shiver that went through me as he murmured in my ear. "I can forge your writing, just don't tell River, okay?"

He pulled back and I grinned. "Teach me!"

Dune hesitated, and I pouted. "Come on, please?" I batted my eyelashes. "I'll be nice, for like, three whole hours," I bargained.

Dune laughed. "Fine, fine, alright, so first..."

***

  I skipped down the stairs and ran through the living room to grab my boots. I tensed as a sudden hand appeared on my head, stopping me. "No running through the house, you're going to hurt yourself." River told me.

I shrugged off his hand and grabbed my boots, pulling them on. "Hey, I'm taking her out for dinner," Dune announced, and River looked surprised.

"She's going outside? Is there a bomb I don't know about in the house?" Cross asked, and I flipped him off.

River sent me a sharp look, and I slowly lowered my finger while glaring at Cross.

"Can I go?" Fin piped up, and Dune quickly grabbed my shoulder, leading me towards the door.

"No, Raven promised to be nice for three hours, and I'm not letting any of you spoil it." Dune announced, making me scowl.

"Three hours? How the hell -" Cross began, but Dune covered my ears and began singing Lisa loudly, pushing me out the door.