v.

five ── the office

𝕿he thing that Eden loved most about her job was her office and it's view. Her mom, when the company had still been growing, had often walked past the building and said 'one day, Edie, one day we're going to be up there'. 

Now, they were here.

"Here we are, Eden." Alfie opened the door for her, helping her out of the car as Luke followed, looking up at the building with the same awestruck expression that Eden had when she was young. 

"Thanks. Hopefully this won't take long, but what do you say about take out for dinner, Luke?"

"Sure." Luke looked around, having not been to New York City before. Eden grinned, before placing a hand on his back and steering him towards the door.

"Oh, there's a new Thai place that's opened near you." Alfie followed after them, tossing the keys to a valet. "I can confirm that it is absolutely lovely. Went there for my anniversary a few days ago."

"I miss James." Eden pouted, as the revolving door opened for them. Despite it being a Saturday afternoon, there were still workers milling around though most were heading home. "I want to see him again."

"I keep telling you to come round for dinner. It's not my fault that you don't." Eden scowled at the sentiment, shooting Alfie a glare. "You know I'm right."

She hummed, as a security guard held the door on the elevator open for her.

"Thanks Chrissy!" The woman smiled, as Eden stepped in, closely followed by Luke and Alfie. The man pressed the button for the top floor, leaning back against the wall.

"You had Thai before, kid?" Luke shook his head. "Oh, you are missing out. We'll get you some tonight. Can you handle spice?"

"I haven't had spice before." Luke muttered, shrugging. "We get a lot of pre-prepared food at the foster home so I don't know."

"We'll get you to try some and don't say that anywhere near mine or Eden's mom." Alfie warned. "They won't let you leave their side until they're sure that you've eaten your fill and extra."

Luke grinned at that, sticking close to Eden's side as she chuckled.

"Don't worry, we'll get some not so spicy stuff as well. Don't want your head to be blown off when you eat." Eden ruffled his hair, before the elevator dinged and they stepped out. "You remembered your homework, yes?"

"Yeah. I got it all." Luke nodded, looking around at the place. 

Eden's office was on one of the top floors, looking out across the various skyscrapers around her. There were a few offices on the same floor as her, but hers was right at the end and her assistant, Ashlee's desk was outside of her door.