Lily's Opinion

The next morning at breakfast Sirius told the group he'd talked to Regulus, he wouldn't give any details, but he didn't seem incredibly unhappy so it must not have gone that badly. Rose knew there was nothing they could really do to get him to spill the information, not morally anyway.

That's when Rose made the decision to have a much needed conversation with her own sibling during their free period, luckily it was at the same time so they would work on homework together sometimes, today they would just chat and have a cup of tea.

She mentioned the idea to Lils at lunch and she seemed all for it, Rose knew they would both be up late working on schoolwork, but that was alright. She really needed the quality time with her sister.

They'd laid out a blanket by Black Lake, an area Rose enjoyed, a bit away from everyone with a droopy willow tree nearby.

It looked gloomy outside, but luckily it hadn't rained, the wind was also calm for this time of year, the grey sky above them matched the mellow mood of the meeting, Lily sipped at her tea while Rose moved her wand in the air, sprouting some lilies next to her sister.

"James does that too." Lily said as she blew gently at her cup, the steam from the Earl Grey was sharp scented, but pleasant.

"Does he? He has let up quite a bit, I think he's finally realized he'll have to mature a little more if he ever wants your affection." Rose said with a small laugh

"He's at least earned less hatred from me." Lily said leaning over on her sister's shoulder.

"Oh you never hated him, You might fool everyone else with that, but you don't talk about someone you dislike that much." Rose said with a playful roll of the eyes

"And plus, even if you did hate him, it takes a lot of care to even be upset with someone in the first place, I'll never tell him, but I'll always know you care." She finished, thinking back to times she'd seen the two interact, more often than not Lily would pull Rose away on the train, and James would send a loving glance at her sister. Lily use to scowl and pull Rose away quicker, but now she would send a wave his way, and maybe even the smallest smile. Once, Rose even heard Lily call him James, not an evil toerag, just James, and she could have sworn she saw some rosiness come to Lily's cheeks that night her and Sirius had left the two together, Rose had never seen her sister blush about any boy, let alone James Fleamont Potter.

James had odd middle name if you really thought about it.

"Sometimes, I wonder, does he really like me or is liking me is all he knows, but it's the little things he'll do, those tell me he really does like me. I prefer those over the big gestures." Lily said smiling to herself

"Ooh? Like what?" Rose asked, happy to see her sister so— happy. And of course she was glad for James as well.

"I don't know...A note will be left behind places sometimes, I'll know it's from him. It won't say anything dramatic just "have a nice study" or something like that. He also keeps me well updated on you, how you're doing and such, he's a bit worried about your recent pursuits..."  Lily trailed off as Rose sighed.

"Sorry! I'm just saying I would be horrified to find a little half you half Sirius Black demon running around. Please be careful with him, he's not exactly got a great reputation. I mean you know Mary use to...well, that doesn't really matter but, please be careful. It's unpleasant enough to know it's happening, it's worse when I've seen it before." She warned, giving her sister a quick side hug there at the end.

"And— if I may be so nosey, wasn't that his brother who was you know...in your room on Christmas?" Lily asked releasing her from the hug.

"Yeah, but that wasn't the same thing at all. I miss Reg." Rose said as she looked down at her hand.

"This, it's not for Rose. It's for Regulus. He has one too, that one is for Rose." She said showing her sister the hand that had her tattooed finger, and a few rings, all his, all had been left for her throughout the time since they had last seen one another.

"Oh honey, do you fancy him?" Lily asked, sadness in her voice, everyone knew about Regulus and the other Death Eaters now.

"I'm not sure I fancy anyone." Rose responded, straightening her face to hide any reaction she might have had if she allowed it.

"When are you going to stop telling yourself that?" Lily asked, their almost identical green eyes met.

"I don't know, when are you?" Rose asked in response before slipping into her snake form to curl up in her sister's lap, she yawned then sat her small head down to sleep as the lightest wind blew through the willow tree.