Chapter 10

‼️ Tw ‼️ : suicide mentions

Mum's POV (at the start):

"But muuuum!" This has to be the hardest decision I have or ever will make by far. "I don't wanna go in there! It looks gross and there's so many kids! Are you sure I can't just go home with you??" (Y/n) complained to me. My sweetheart.

"Yes hunny I'm sorry but you have to go in. Im sure (F/n) is waiting for you inside. You wouldn't want them to be disappointed would you?" I knew it would work on them. They have a soft spot for (f/n). It's adorable really.

"I guess not..." (y/n) sighed defeated. I gave them a genuine smile.

"Would you like me to walk you in before I go hunny? You're never too old to walk in with your mother." I said half desperately. I really didn't want to go through with this, I knew I had to. It's for the best.

"No it's ok mum, I'm a big kid I can do it!" They tried to act brave for me. Always so considerate, I raised them right.

"Okay hun, you remember my number right?"

I knew.

"Yes mum I remember it's ****-***-***" (y/n) recalled, reciting it to me. I giggled at the memory of teaching them it.

But I kept lying to them.

"Remember to tell a friendly staff member if you get lost. And don't talk to strangers, especially if they offer you candy or to see their puppy's ok?" I'm so worried for them. Who wouldn't be in this situation?

To my own flesh and blood.

"I know mum. I won't" (y/n) sighed under their breath

My child.

"Ok I have to go now hun." I hugged (y/n) goodbye while saying "Bye love you stay out of trouble" I meant every word of that sentence. I really do love them, that's what makes this so hard.

"Love you too mum" (y/n) then turned to look at the entrance.

'Goodbye my dear little (y/n).. I'll miss you.'

I started walking back to my car. But I wasn't going home... I hoped that someone will care for (y/n), as I wouldn't be able to anymore. I know it's for the best but my hearts breaking. (Y/n) can't live like this anymore. And neither can I.

I've been struggling with money for a few years now. It's lead my wife to ending her own life. I didn't have the heart to tell (y/n) the truth so I lied. I didn't see any other choice. I told them that she had just left to go see her brother in Iceland. This happened two months ago today. (Y/n) doesn't deserve to have any of this in their life, they're too pure.

'I hope (f/n)'s parents will take (y/n) with them. If not then help from a staff worker would be nice.'

I continue driving, turning off the proper roads with a more dirt covered road, passing trees and bushes as I slowed my car down. Making sure to leave my note in the car on the passenger seat where people can find it before getting out, leaving all my belongings except for only my clothes in the car. I walked away from my car, not locking it at any point, heading for the tallest part of the cliff..

'I'm so sorry (y/n).. I'm sorry it came to this.' I think while nearing the edge and looking down. Definitely a far drop.

"I'll see you soon my love." Where my last words.

The wind In my face was nice.

Refreshing.

Lia's POV:

I've been calling the same number for hours. It's all been the same. I'm really worried. Surely (y/n)'s been picked up by now? Or at least with the security guard? Right?

'Maybe I should inform the police? It's valid right?' Ever since I left (y/n) at the pizza plex I've been regretting it. A child in need of help is far more important than my job. I should've gone back for them. 'They didn't even want to leave me for crying out loud! I'm so stupid.' Wait a second.. 'maybe I can go back there now?' Vanessa said they they're still there for sure. But there was a problem of some sort? Then there was some weird sounds and the call ended. '(Y/n) could be in trouble- I'm going back. I have to.' Lia got up, grabbed her keys, put on shoes and she was out the door and in her car. 'I'm on my way (y/n)'

Since it was pretty late at night and there where barely any cars, I went full speed through multiple red lights. I need to get there as fast as possible after all. 'I'll deal with the consequences later...' within roughly 10 minutes or so I made it to the pizza plex. I parked near the back entrance door and got out my car, not bothering to lock it.

I ran up to the door and fumbled with my keys looking for the back door key my boss gave me incase of emergencies.I found they key I was looking for and practically slammed the door open. I know where I should check first. If (y/n) should still be in the daycare. If not there then I'll look for Vanessa.

I started running to the daycare with purpose. Not bothering to look at my surroundings, my vision too clouded by my thoughts of pure worry. Worry for (y/n). Worry for whatever the problem Vanessa was having. Worry that I was too late and something awful has happened . I didn't even notice a person walking in front of me until I crashed into them.

3rd person POV:

"Oww.. huh??" Vanessa groaned and looked to see had knocked Her over "who the hell are you? What are you doing here?" Vanessa didn't know who she was. Sure they had talked over the phone but that was the only time they've ever talked.

"Ah sorry! sorry! I'm Lia, We talked over the phone. You cut off or something and soI came to make sure everything was ok-" she explained and extended her hand for Vanessa. She took Lias hand who happily helped her back up to her two feet. "where's (y/n)?" She looked around for the child incase they where actually with Vanessa.

"Right. (Y/n)'s not with me at the moment. I working on it." Vanessa sighed. "Look you might want to go home ok? It could be dangerous."

"Dangerous? Is (y/n) ok? What happened? What's dangerous?" The daytime ticket seller was going a mile a minute. She breathed in to catch her breath before saying. "I can help! I will help!"

"What-"

"You can't stop me if a child's at risk. I never should have left them here in the first place!" She cut Vanessa off.

"Fine. You can stay. But you need to calm down and relax ok? And try not to over react to what I'm about to tell you." She gave in to Lia staying. She wasn't going to leave no matter what she said anyways. Plus Vanessa really needed help.

"I won't over react I promise." Lia went silent after that and leaned in out of anticipation for whatever she was about to hear.

"Ok so long story short. Moon went haywire and sun possibly could have too. The stupid robot and the kid aren't in the daycare anymore so I'm still trying to find both the kid and sun. The kid seemed to be fine when I did see them though."

"What- wait so if you saw them then why didn't you get (y/n) then??" Lia had so many questions but she knew that Vanessa couldn't keep up with her questions too much.

"Moon was guarding them like a dog." She recalled moon blocking the only was to get to you while having the most defensive aura ever.

"We gotta find them!"

"I know, I was just about to check the daycare again. Let's go."

Words: 1355

————

I might not post too frequently- I'll still post at least once or twice a week?

Thank you guys for being so supportive <3