Chapter 8

========
Chapter 8
========

Flashback:

"My boss thinks you're the perfect person for this part of the plan." My dad stated.

We were in a coffee shop that we visited every day and he was talking about one of his undercover cases. My dad was an undercover cop and I thought his work was pretty dangerous and to be honest I didn't think I wanted to help in any of his cases just yet.

"I don't think it will work,k," I told my dad before taking another bite of my doughnut. I didn't have the proper training like my dad did and I knew if I made one wrong move then I could blow his cover on this case.

"Don't worry honey you will be fine, believe me. We just need someone who is a bit closer to his age to pretend to go to his school, then you can get closer to him and find out more information. I will be watching so I will come and help you if anything goes wrong." My dad said and I took a deep breath and nodded. I knew that if I tried, I could be brave like my dad.

"Okay, I will do it. But first I need to know more about him. What's his name?" I asked.

"His name is Mason." My dad said.

End of flashback

-------------------

I snapped out of my daze of the happy times I had with my dad because I knew they were gone and I had other things to worry about.

"You're going to pay for what you did," Mason said and I just noticed he wasn't standing by the door anymore but instead he was standing in front of me with a scowl on his face. Mason was tall and was pretty strong he also had short brown hair and green eyes. He wasn't too old though he was 18 now. I didn't really understand why he is the group leader if he is one of the youngest.

Mason hated me because I had played a big part in sending him to jail but I was confused as to why he was here because I thought he wasn't coming to jail for a long time.

"Everyone leaves except Aiden, Michael and Shawn," Mason ordered.

Everyone left except one guy who I pretty sure was named Shawn, he had tattoos all over his arm and he was pretty tall. He looked around my age and I was a little shocked as to why he would be hanging out in a group like this if he was so young.

"Ok, Shawn I want you to teach her a lesson," Mason said as he handed Shawn a knife. Shawn looked at him confused but slowly walked over to me and I tensed up as he brought the knife to my arm.

He slowly dragged the knife across my arm leaving a deep gash and I let a tear run down my cheek which made the cuts Aiden had given me earlier sting. He then retraced the cuts Aiden gave me and made them deeper but this time I didn't let any tears slide out. I knew the cuts on my face and arm would become infected though.

"Shawn I want you to shoot her now," Mason ordered Shawn as he reached out a gun to him. Shawn looked taken back by the order he was given and started shaking his head no. I started to shake off the thought of dying, I was too young and I didn't want to leave the world like this.

"Can't you do it or them?" Shawn asked pointing towards Aiden and Michael. It felt as if he didn't want to do it and I felt a little hope, but the thought of living quickly left as Shawn grabbed the gun.

"You have until the count of three," Mason stated and I shuddered. Shawn pointed the gun at me with shaky hands.

"One....Two..." Mason counted but before it got to three Shawn dropped the gun and looked at me, he mouthed the words 'sorry' before Mason said three and then a gunshot erupted throughout the room. I let out a horrifying scream as Shawn's limp body landed on top of me. My ears were ringing and I looked up to see Mason laughing while Aiden and Michael were standing in the corner staring blankly like everything was fine.

"Michael and Aiden dispose of his body," Mason ordered and they did as they were told. After they had left with his body I looked at Mason with a disgusted look.

"H-How could you...." I stuttered in shock at what he just did. He murdered someone right in front of me and the look on his face showed no regret.

"I knew he wouldn't have killed you. I want to watch you suffer not go out that easy. I was just testing him." Mason said and my eyes went wide at his words, he wanted to make me suffer before I died.... So that meant I was going to die and I would never see my family again.

"But you killed him!" I yelled because I couldn't take how casual he was acting about it.

"He wasn't strong enough for this group," Mason said shrugging. I did t say anything back this time because I was at a loss for words.

"I'm sorry to hear about your dad." He Suddenly said and I looked at him confused. How would he know if he was in jail?

"How do you know?" I asked holding back tears. I didn't like talking about what happened.

"I have my ways." He said before turning around and leaving.

I started thinking about my dad and I let the tears stream down my face. I wish none of this had happened and I would be with my family right now.
--------------

"Excuse me," I said as I walked up to Mason, I had been given a picture of him earlier so I had no trouble finding him.

"What do you want?"He asked rudely.

"I'm new here could you please show me to the office," I asked.

"No." He replied and started walking away but I grabbed his arm before he could get away and spun him back around.

"Ooh someone is feisty. I like that." Mason said as he swung his arm around me and I tried my best not to roll my eyes. This was going to be too easy.

--------------

I suddenly woke up and realized I had fallen asleep. After my eyes adjusted to the dim lighting I looked around the room and I saw Ash sleeping in the corner. I don't think I have stood up for what felt like forever and I really needed to use the bathroom.

"Ash," I called but he didn't hear me. "Ash," I called again and this time he woke up.

"What do you want?" He asked angrily.

"Well first of all, why are you being so mean?" I asked but he just closed his eyes and pretended he was sleeping."Ash!" I yelled and he immediately shot up from his daydream and walked over to me. "I need to go to the bathroom..." I awkwardly say.

"Is that seriously why you woke me up?" He said and then started to laugh but I just nodded and he rolled his eyes. He placed a blindfold on my face and untied me from the chair. It felt so nice to stand up even though my legs were a little shaky from sitting too long but I used Ash's arm for support.

"Why were you so nice to me before but ever since you came here your rude to me," I asked but I hear him start laughing.

"You actually thought I was being nice to you because I wanted to?" He asked and I nodded. " It was all just an act to get you to trust me, sweetie." He stated. I actually thought he was a decent guy but he is completely the opposite. I noticed we had stopped and I was thrown into a room.

I took my blindfolds off and noticed it was the bathroom. After I was finished using it, I looked in the mirror and saw that I looked like I mess. I washed all the blood off of my face and washed my arm because of the wound Shawn gave me. I turned around and looked up to see a window. Perfect I thought.

"Are you almost done." Ash asked from behind the bathroom door and I quickly called back a 'yes'. I grabbed a small drawer and stepped on it, it wasn't very steady but I continued to reach for the window.

I almost had it when one of the legs on the drawer snapped and I fell with a loud crash. A painful pain shot through my ankle and I knew it was probably twisted. The door slammed open and Mason and Ash both rushed in when they realized what I was trying to do I saw anger fill their eyes.

They each grabbed my arms and dragged me out, once we got to a door which I assumed was the one I had been staying in. They threw me down the stairs and I cried out in pain, I looked up to see Aiden holding a large knife smiling and at the moment I realized I really shouldn't have tried to escape.

=======================
Please leave a vote and tell me what you thought ❤️️