six

"ready?"

"ready?"

"yes."

"you sure?"

"positive. lets do this."

"alright, i'm gonna count down from 5 and—"

"nope, shit, i can't do this."

siwoo turned around as mark flung his arms up in irritation. she'd been stalling for a good twenty minutes now, even though mark swore up and down that she was ready. the two spent the majority of the day, and weekend, training siwoo to better her abilities. mark was arguably going too fast for her liking, but swore it would help her.

"siwoo, i wouldn't have you doing this if i didn't think you were ready." the boy vowed, keeping eye contact to show he was true to his word. siwoo believed him, and she didn't know how or why, but she grew to trust him in such a short amount of time.

"i know.." she muttered, peering down over the edge of the roof of a building that was about 5 stories high.

"i'm right here, and i promise, i will not let you get hurt."

siwoo sighed and spoke again with hesitance. "okay but, what if you're even just a second late? then boom. i'm dead."

mark wanted to roll his eyes, but didn't, because he understood her worries and was once in her shoes. he subconsciously grabbed onto her hand gently, but siwoo was too shaken up to even notice the gesture.

"if you're really not ready, we don't have to do this right now. i personally think you're more than ready, but its up to you." he said.

siwoo decided for a moment that she definitely wasn't ready, but didn't move from her spot. mark watched as she stared under her feet as if she was reconsidering all of her life decisions. with just a blink of his eye, she pulled her hand out of his and jumped off the edge, screaming in the process.

the boy felt his heart drop to his stomach at the action, but quickly turned to joy when he watched her flawlessly attach a web to a utility pole. it was perfect for a second, until siwoo got way too ahead of herself and began swinging further than she should've been and lost control. mark could hear her yelling his name from far away.

"shit," not wasting another second, he began to swing himself and watched as siwoo swung upwards, not holding her web and almost falling to the concrete ground. he grabbed her before that could happen and brought themselves to another rooftop.

once his feet hit the ground safely, siwoo still didn't let go, and mark could feel her smaller body trembling in his arms.

"siwoo—"

"sorry, i'm sorry. i don't know why i—"

"hey, hey, it's okay. it's fine. i got you." his voice got quieter as she detached herself from him. brushing her baby hairs away that flew out while she swung. "you did great, truly, but let's not do more than what i teach you, okay?"