➊➒

A/N: first things first, i need to make some things clear. in the last chapter, mikey wasn't a good father, ig yall forgetting the fact that he possesses dark impulses because he doesn't have Shinichiro nor Baji, those two are the reason why he's the way he is. he sometimes loses himself and doesn't know what he's doing nor how to stop it.

obviously, finding out you were cheated on, and the child you loved wasn't yours but rather the person, who helped kill your step brother is a lot.

also, Mikey pinches the oc's cheek in the last chapter wasn't like hurting her. He was in a way, playing with her cheek like how someone pokes your cheek while talking or smth. so he wasn't abusing her, just scaring by the way he talked.

saying this bec i didn't like the comments on the last chapter.

Coco wouldn't stop crying as she sat on the bed. Her aunt was sitting next to her, offering her candy and toys but she was hurt. She thought her father loved her, but he doesn't even want her. Obviously, Mikey didn't mean that he doesn't love her, nor that he doesn't want her, he was just frustrated by the fact that he couldn't give his child a mother, and how he can't trust any woman with her either except Eiko.

He was also scared to tell that to her because he felt like he had already hurt by not being with her early in her life. So, he wanted to grant her every wish, but he didn't want the woman to feel unloved because as his princess grows up, she will slowly start to see how broken her family is.

So, why damage things when you can try to be the best as you can be.

"Sweetheart, daddy didn't mean that he doesn't love you." Emma took her in her lap and wiped her tears off of her chubby cheeks with her thumbs. She felt comforted being in her lap so her crying died down a little, which relieved Emma a lot.

"Your daddy loves you a lot, he was just... angry." Emma sighed.

"He would never leave an angel like you." Emma smiled. Coco stopped crying but she was still hiccuping.

"But why was daddy *hic* so angry...?" She asked.

"You're young so you wouldn't understand but daddy's a little hurt..." Emma nervously spoke.

"Then I wanna hug daddy!!" She puffed her cheeks. Emma chuckled and stood up with her niece in her arms. The little one hugged her tight and went to see her in her father's office who had been anxiously walking around his office and cursing himself for hurting his daughter.

His daughter.

He felt like he should've controlled his anger and darkness in front of her, but she was also the reason they stayed under control because, no matter how angry, regretful and sad Mikey felt, seeing the little one's glowing face every morning would make him forget about everything.

It's been almost 45 minutes since he has been walking around. But an innocent and a familiar knock immediately caught his attention. He knew who knocked, he knew it too well, it was his baby girl.

"Coco!!" He ran to the door and opened it to see her in Emma's arms with no tears, she had her eyes swelled but at least she wasn't crying.

"Daddy!" She opened her arms and started leaning to her father, telling him that she needs him. He immediately took her from her aunt's arm and Emma left them alone to reconcile.

"Baby— I'm sorry." He spoke with regret and tears in his eyes.

"Hehe, it's fine, I love you daddy!" She giggled and kissed his cheek. He felt really better. He hugged her tight and shed a few tears. That's when the little girl knew that she should close the chapter on having a mother.

"I'm more than happy with just my daddy." She spoke. 

"Huh?" Mikey wasn't expecting that.

"As long as I have my daddy, auntie, uncle and Eiko-san, I'm happy." She smiled.

"And as long as I have you, I don't need anything else." He kissed the tip of her nose and hugged her once more.

A FEW MONTHS LATER

It was now winters, everyone was having fun in the month of December, everyone was looking forward to Christmas.

Mikey was working in his home's office as usual while Coco played with Emma, they were best friends. Mikey had also been feeling better, his eye bags were going away and he was gaining weight, which was good. His hair dye was slowly fading away and his original color was coming back, which Coco needed an explanation about, since she always saw him with silver hair.

Suddenly, Kakucho barged in with a paper.

"Mikey-" He was panting.

"What's with you?" Mikey raised a brow.

"Little princess—" Kakucho grabbed his knees and collected himself. Mikey got a little worried, did she fall of her bed, did her toy break, did Emma say something? What happened?

He stood from his seat and ran to Kakucho.

"What??" Mikey asked.

"Her brithday, it's in a week." Mikey snatched the paper from his hand, which was her birth certificate and looked at it. He was keeping all documents regarding Coco in his office away from home because he couldn't take them in front of Hanae.

Her birthday was on 20th December and today was 13th. Mikey looked at Kakucho and then the paper again.

"Contact the best party planner you can find. Get me Ken-chin and print invitations."

"We're gonna make a winter wonderland for my princess."

TO BE CONTINUED

This book is almost finished yall <3