☆look

aster's pov

aster's pov

in the beginning i mentioned how nate was the rose that maddy held. she held him and got cut by the thorns. that's still true. except i never would've thought nate would go as far as actually physically hurt her. that was my last straw.

i met maddy in elementary school. i lived in east highland for as long as i could remember. she was the first friend i made back in kindergarten because we had a lot in common even at a young age.

but i knew she was going to be permanent in my life when one time in 2nd grade i was wearing a pink skirt with a matching pink crop top. the top exposed my stomach a bit and the teacher tried telling me to go to the office for it. yes i'm aware that i'm eight years old and wearing a crop top but i was ahead of my time. anyways, i gained an attitude just like my father and talked back to the teacher.

8 year old aster said "it's not my fault you don't understand fashion trends." 

and maddy who sat two desks away said "yeah perv." we both exchanged looks of approval. that was when i found my best friend. the one girl i'd kill for. it's hard to find loyal people in this world, especially when blood can turn on you. maddy was the one person that gave me hope. the way you'd kill for ash and he'd kill for you was equivalent to the things i'd do for maddy.

the thing is love,

love is fucking powerful especially when it's for a person who loves the power.

as much as i loved maddy and wanted to protect her from the rose, she was going to find a way to hold it regardless. because she loved that stupid ass rose named nate jacobs.

~

next day

Today i made it a goal to show little Nate Jacobs a lesson. I know Maddy told me not to do anything stupid, but i told her i couldn't guarantee anything. That is because i truly couldn't. Nate Jacobs wants to fight girls? I'll give him something to fight about.

I pushed past the double door and scanned the hallway for him. I was turning and walking down multiple hallways.  until i finally spotted him. He was standing tall and bitchy as he walked down the hall. Like he was some saint.

Am i a fighter? No not really, usually Maddy would fight my battles for me and i'll step in if they out number her. Like one time in the third grade some girl called me a bitch and pushed me, so maddy stepped up and smacked her into the hard blacktop. The girl who called me a bitch broke her nose and it healed crooked. I'm not the best fighter in the game, but hurting my best friend doesn't go unnoticed.