XXVIII- Breakout

Anna's POV

We all woke up early, feeling both excited and anxious. We were going back to school today, so I was obviously happy to see my friends again and go back to class, just go back to Hogwarts. Of course, the best would be if Moony still taught there, maybe even Padfoot, I don't know what he would teach though. I just wished they could be there as well, but it was obviously not possible. Quidditch would continue and Angelina seemed to have a lot of things ready for us, it would be amazing even if some of our best players wouldn't play. Ginny was an amazing replacement for Harry, she did great and Ron just needed to work on his confidence. 

I could see Theo was nervous. He would have to see other people and it would be surprising if they hadn't all heard about him refusing to take the Dark Mark and running away. Malfoy would be a pain, he already was to most people, but if he got on Theo's case, things would not go well. There were unfortunately a lot of hardcore believers of blood supremacy, most from the Sacred 28 and they wouldn't be thrilled hearing he had left.

I put my hand on his shoulder and gave him a smile. We would be okay. He will be okay, I would make sure of it. I knew Blaise and Pansy would too, Neville and Luna would definitely support him. "You're not going alone. Remember that."

"Thanks, Anna." He gave me a tight smile and there seemed to be something painful in his eyes that pulled at my heart.

We walked downstairs where everyone was saying their goodbyes and see you later's. I hugged Pads and Moony tightly and smile at them. I would see them again soon enough, hopefully I'd be able to see them this summer at least. We all went to King's Cross and I kept my hand around Theo's wrist. He wouldn't slip away or get taken away. I felt him tense and looked back at him. He was looking somewhere further away, his eyes wide and scared. I looked where he was looking and a man stood there. Theo's father. They looked more alike than I would've guessed. Before he could see us, I pushed Theo inside the train. He would not come in here. I guided him to Neville, Luna and I usual compartment. 

"Thanks. I don't know what would've happened if he saw me," he said as he sat down.

"Let's not think about it. It's not going to happen."

"Anna!" Pansy called and engulfed me in a hug as soon as she walked in. I gratefully hugged her back with a smile.

"Hey Pansy." We let go of each other and I gave her a smile. "I missed you."

"I missed you too," she admitted with a smile.

"Hello," Luna said as she walked in. Her voice was as dreamy as always. I gave her a hug, my smile staying plastered on my face as I reunited with my best friends

"Hello people," Neville smiled.

"Fancy meeting you all here," Blaise said.

We all sat down and enjoyed the train ride. It seemed like we all silently agreed not to talk about anything too sensitive, we just wanted to relax together. We ate snacks from the trolley, slept some more. It was amazing, I hadn't realized just how much I missed them. We didn't get to stay up much after the feast. Neville seemed to have more energy than usual and seemed to want to stay up, but I was completely exhausted. We went to sleep and for once I didn't have to wait hours before falling asleep.                               

The next day, I walked down to the great hall, Neville already there with Seamus and Dean. I sat with them and we talked until the papers came. Seamus received it and visibly paled as he read the words written.

"What is it?" I asked, my toast halfway up to my mouth.

"Death Eaters escaped Azkaban," he said.

"What?!" Dean looked horrified.

"'We find ourselves, most unfortunately, in the same position we were two and a half years ago when the murderer Sinus Black escaped,' said Fudge last night. 'Nor do we think the two breakouts are unrelated. An escape of this magnitude suggests outside help, and we must remember that Black, as the first person ever to break out of Azkaban, would be ideally placed to help others follow in his footsteps. We think it likely that these individuals, who include Black's cousin, Bellatrix Lestrange, have rallied around Black as their leader. We are, however, doing all we can to round up the criminals, and we beg the magical community to remain alert and cautious. On no account should any of these individuals be approached.' Fucking hell, this is horrible."

"Oh god," I muttered.

Before any of us could say anything else could be said, Neville got up and walked out of the Great Hall. I immediately followed behind him and found he hadn't made it very far before leaning against a wall, looking sick. 

"Neville, hey. I got you," I softly said as I put my hands on his shoulders. "Come on, I'm taking you to the kitchen okay?"

He nodded and I guided him to the kitchen. Once we walked in, I quickly asked Jobki to make Neville some tea with honey and made him sit down. Soon after, Luna walked in as well, looking worried. She immediately walked to us and kneeled in front of Neville, her hands on his knees, while he starred right ahead.

"She got out." He didn't seem to want to say anything else, he sounded so defeated when he said it. "The woman who took away my parents escaped from fucking Azkaban."

Tears silently started rolling down his face as reality seemed to hit him once again. I gently rubbed his back, not trusting myself to say the right words. I just held him. I desperately wanted to say something but I had nothing to say, nothing that would help anyways. Luna stayed quiet as well.

"It's not fair," he whimpered. "She doesn't deserve to be out, she took away my fucking parents. She- she's the reason I've been so alone, she should stay in that bloody place forever!"

"You're right, Neville, she doesn't deserve to be out," Luna assured.

"We'll get her back in. We won't let her out like that, Nev."

We knew Sirius wasn't behind the break out. He would rather have Bellatrix rot than see her again. No, Voldemort had struck once again. The ministry blaming Sirius only made things worse and put more people in danger. They needed to know the truth, to know that he was back and preparing for war. He was coming for blood and the doubt of who would make it was terrifying.