☆a

aster's pov

aster's pov

a few days later

I haven't seen Fezco since Christmas and it's the 28th. I never even tried reaching out either. I ended up getting a new phone and was able to save everything from my old phone. Thank god.

He's tried texting and calling but honestly i'm not in the mood for that right now. The entire day of Christmas i just felt like a bad person and everything Mae said about me got to my head. But Fezco showed up to my house yesterday, checking up on me. So i had no other choice but to see him. I just pretended everything was okay. I didn't want to bring up what Mae said because i don't want any problems. He insisted we hang out today and go out to dinner with Rue and Ash. I thought it was a great idea because regardless of what's being said about me, i really love being around Fezco.

"Honestly.... i think you're overreacting." I watched as Rue laid on my kitchen island and stared at the lighting fixture while smoking a joint. I've been hanging out with her a lot more because i just want to monitor her drug use. If she's not with me then she's with Fezco. "I think deep down Fezco believes that too, maybe he doesn't think it'll work out." I don't know, all these thoughts have been in my mind since Christmas and it's bugging me out.

"She said i'm unnecessary drama and i'm not good for Fez. That's like a really shitty thing to say." i admitted.

"Yeah. But like you said, Mae doesn't know shit about you. So why let it get to you?" Rue put the joint to her lips.

"Because Fez said YEAH." i paced back in forth with a kale juice in my hand.

"Oh my god." Rue muttered. "I'm sorry Aster, but you're ruining my high right now."

"Oh i'm sorry." i crossed my arms at her.

"Cmon get up." I glanced over at my phone. Ash just texted that they were here. "We're going." i reached for my purse on the counter and waited for Rue to figure out the safest way to get down. What did she decide? To stand on the counter and just jump. Jump so loud the chandelier in the dining room shook.

"There was so many other ways to get off the counter Rue." i huffed in annoyance.

"My bad." she smiled to herself as we went outside. I locked the door and made my way towards the car.

Ash was in the front so Rue and I went to the back.

"Hey!" Rue leaned back in her seat.

"Sup guys." Fez turned to look at us. We smiled at each other.

"Rue put on your seatbelt." i said while putting on mine.