chapter 17

The following day, in the afternoon, Ryujin sent a text saying she broke up with Lia. I'm so happy to hear that news. Tonight, we're gonna Skype. Dana won't be home until late because he's going to play games with his friends.

Eva and I are just laying in bed cuddling then my phone rings. I answer it right away when I see it's Ryujin.

"Ello beautiful" he says.

"Why are you calling?" I ask, confuse.

"I wanted to hear your voice" I blush at his statement.

"Are you gonna be all sweet now?" I ask.

"I take offense to that. I'm always sweet to you."

I laugh at him, "What are you doing?"

"I'm loading up my truck and waiting for my friends" He says.

"Where are you going?" I ask, curious, still hearing background noises assuming he's walking and loading stuff in his truck.

"We're going fishing today but don't worry I'll be back tonight to Skype with you. I didn't forget" he says making me smile.

"You know you're exactly my type" I say kind of embarrassed to admit it to him.

"What do you mean?"

"When I was young, I imagined myself being with a guy who hunts, fish and likes sports. You're like my dream guy. You live in the country so you're like my country Asian guy" I laugh.

He chuckles, "Yea I guess."

"I can't wait to go fishing with you someday then we can take Eva with us too" I say smiling thinking about it.

He changes the topic, "Where's Eva?"

"She's next to me sleeping now."

"Where's Dana?" He ask.

"With his friends probably playing video games."

"I never got to ask. How did he handle your break up?"

"He says that I will go back to him someday so he's not worried."

"Would you? I mean there has to be a reason why he would say that?" He ask and I can tell he's worried.

"I'm not going back. I want you. I thought I made that clear. I don't know what's gonna happen in the future but I really hope we would be together" I say to him to hopefully to reassure him.

"Stop making me smile. I look stupid while walking back and forth from the garage to my car" he laughs, making me laugh.

We stay silent for a bit and I just listen to him do his thing. I suddenly hear a car door closed and a few voices. I can't really understand what they're saying.

"Ryujin! Are you done yet!? Get your slow ass moving!" I hear and it seems to be a woman's voice.

"I have to go. I'll call you later okay?" Ryujin whispers and hangs up before I can ask who the other person was.

I frown looking at my phone. Is he still seeing Lia or does he have another girl? I sigh trying not to think of worse case scenarios but he could continue seeing Lia and I wouldn't know. I really hope he's not playing with my feelings.

kitty_purrfect: Why did you hang up right away? Did I hear a woman's voice?

I send him a text but he doesn't answer right away. He's probably busy. Eva wakes up so I give her kisses and carry her downstairs.

"Do you think we will be happy with Ryujin huh?" I ask Eva. She looks at me with her smiling face so I give her more kisses.

"I think if we do end up together he will treat you like a little princess" I laugh imagining him holding Eva.

I start preparing Eva's dinner so I can get her ready for bed. Since I moved into the guest room, Eva has been sleeping with me. I get worried that Dana might take her in the middle of the night.

We're back to laying in bed waiting for Ryujin to call us. He never texted me back earlier which kinda upsets me a bit.

My phone rings and Ryujin is requesting to video chat. I answer it and I see he has his hood up again and he's wearing a beanie.

"Hey cutie. Is it cold there?" I ask.

He adjust his hoodie, "Yea. It's always cold in my room."

"How was your fishing trip?" I ask easing my way to ask about the woman.

"It was good. Didn't catch much but we had fun" he responds.

"Who were you with?"

"Just some friends" He simply answers which annoyed me because he's not giving specifics.

"Do you have a lot of female friends? I heard a female voice earlier then you suddenly started whispering then hung up? Are you hiding something?" I ask, suspiciously.

"Majority of my friends are female. And I whispered earlier because I'm not ready to tell my friends about this yet. About us until you know were official or been together long enough."

"I'm not sure how I feel about you always being surrounded by women but I'm gonna trust you. Don't break it okay?" I say giving him a stern look.

He smiles, "Yes ma'am."

Ryujin hears Eva and asks if he could see her so I aim my camera at my daughter. Eva sees Ryujin and starts saying Dada.

"Eva, that's not Dada. That's Ryujin" I say laughing.

"Isn't it late there? How come she's still up?" He ask. He keeps making me fall for him harder every time he shows concern towards my daughter.

"She's getting to it" I laugh.

"Can I read her a story?" I look at him, confuse.

"I read my nephew a bedtime story every time he spends the night with me. He has a favorite book he keeps asking me to read" he laughs.

"Oh really? What book is this?" I ask.

"It's an original called My Froggy Prince."

"Original? meaning you wrote it?" I give him a curious look now.

"Yep. In middle school. It's even a hard cover book because I'm fancy like that" he laughs.

Why is this man so adorable? He wants to read my daughter a bedtime story. How did I get so lucky to find this guy? I thought while staring at him smiling.

"So? Is that a yes or no? You're kinda just staring at me."

I awkwardly laugh, "Yes you can read your original story to Eva."

"Sweet!"

He puts down his phone so now I'm looking at his ceiling. He comes back and shows me the cover of the book of a frog wearing a crown.

"Did you draw that?" I ask.

"Of course. This book is one hundred percent me."

I lay down Eva and tuck her in. I keep pointing the camera at her so Ryujin can see her and Eva can see Ryujin.

Ryujin clears his throat, "Once upon a time, there was a frog who wanted to be a prince..."

He finishes reading his book and Eva fell asleep. We continue talking after that until I start to feel sleepy. We slept together again that night but this time we kept the camera on so we can see each other. I fell asleep feeling extremely happy that night. I'm really happy with Ryujin.