Chapter 6 - For the Family

NOTE: Y/N's magical ability is to enhance. (Ex: they can enhance their reading speed.)

Suggested by: mmmmmmmmmdontcare

"I never wanted to marry him! I was doing it FOR THE FAMILY!" Isabela said, a cactus popping out of the ground in front of her.

Mirabel stood up, vines falling off her. "Oh my gosh, Isa. That is a very serious confession. Okay, get over here. Bring it in."

Isabela stood there, staring at the small cactus. I thought she only grew 'pretty' things like flowers. She seemed just as surprised as me.

"Isa?"

"I just made something unexpected." Isabela sang, picking up the small cactus as it grew bigger right in her hands.

Is she singing? I slowly walked out the door. This could be personal, so I don't wanna just stand there.

I silently closed the door. "What's up, hermoso?"

"Geez, you scared me, Camilo."

"Have you seen mirabel? Also, why were you in Isabela's room?" Camilo said, confused.

"No reason. Why are you looking for Mirabel?"

"Abuela's mad. Super mad."

Uh oh. Is she that mad? That woman is scary!

"Well, I haven't seen Mirabel, so I should just leave." I said, slowly walking towards the front door.

"Okay, then. 'See ya!"

I waved goodbye as I exited the colorful building. Just as I stepped out, a purple plant sprouted in front of me. Uh oh. I thought.

I ran outside as I saw more plants sprout about the town. Is Isabela in trouble?

"What's going on?" I heard a woman say as she walked towards me. I think she was asking me?

I picked a purple leaf from the plant beside me. "No idea."

Just as I walked towards the town, I spotted Mirabel and Isabela on the top of Casita. Their clothes were rainbow, along with Isa's hair. It looked as if they were having a good time. I looked away to push some vines away and.. they disappeared.

I ran back inside. If they fell, that's the only place they could be other than behind Casita!

I heard laughing. "You're a bad influence."

TW: argument and trauma
(this part is basically the argument scene in the movie. Skip if you want!)

"WHAT IS GOING ON?"

Is that Alma? I think that's her name.

Mirabel stood up. "Abuela! It's okay, we're gonna save the miracle!"

"What are you talking about?" Alma said. "Look at our home! Look at your sister!"

"Please just- Isabela wasn't happy!"

"Of course she isn't happy! You ruined her proposal!"

"No, no, she needed me to ruin her proposal! And then we did all this! And the candle burned brighter! And the cracks!"

"Mirabel."

"That's why I'm in the vision! I'm saving the miracle-"

"YOU HAVE TO STOP, MIRABEL."

I'm not gonna lie, I wanted to step in, but I was too much of a coward to step in front of the decorated wall hiding me.

"The cracks started with you. Bruno left because of you. Luisa's losing her powers, Isabela's out of control because of you!" She said, Mirabel just standing there. "I don't know why you weren't given a gift, but it is not an excuse for you to hurt this family."

Mirabel looked down for a second and then up at Alma again. "I will never be good enough for you, will I?"

Julieta and Agustín walked in along with Pepa and Félix.

"No matter how hard I try. No matter how hard any of us tries, Luisa will never be strong enough. Isabela won't be perfect enough." Mirabel said, looking at her sisters. "Bruno left this family because you only saw the worst in him."

"Bruno didn't care about his family!" Alma said sternly.

"Bruno loves this family. I love this family. We all love this family. You're the one that doesn't care. You're the one breaking our home."

"Don't you ever-!"

"The miracle is dying because of you."

End of chapter.

Author's Note: Hey guys! Sorry for the wait! I've just been busy with school work and family stuff. I might be able to write more in the next couple days, I'm not sure. Please stay tuned for the next chapter!

 Please stay tuned for the next chapter!

WORD COUNT: 651 words