Chapter 758: Have you Forgotten Something?

The firefox had fattened up into a ball. If it weren’t for the fur on its body, it could be mistaken for a pig.

It had gotten so fat that it could not even climb up to Qiao Qing’s shoulder anymore. In the end, it finally decided, with much difficulty, that it would stop being greedy and start dieting.

Around that time, Leng Yan had completely taken over work-related stuff. His physical rehabilitation had also gone well and he had basically recovered.

Today was the day Leng Yan would go into the office for the first time since his illness.

Inside the Leng Corporation building.

Leng Yan gathered the management team first thing in the morning.

After the meeting was done, Leng Yan asked Yu Mo, “Have I been gone for too long? How come they’re all looking at me weird?”

Yu Mo thought silently, “My young master! You have no idea how badly third young master Jun had been messing around!”

The way he talked was completely different from the real Leng Yan. It was for certain that people caught onto the fact that these two people were two different people!

Yu Mo gently coughed, “Young master, let me put it this way – third young master Jun did not at all conceal his normal bold behaviors while he managed the company under your name. On his first day, to make sure people don’t question the change in his personality, he announced that you were mimicking his personality because you were in love with his girlfriend.”

Leng Yan, “…”

At loss for a few moments, Leng Yan finally rubbed his brows and smiled, “I now realized why Qingqing is attracted to him.”

Yu Mo, “Why?”

Leng Yan, “They complement each other.”

As the two chatted inside the meeting room, the management team started to gossip outside.

“The CEO’s back to his old self.”

“Yeah, his personality is back to the way it was. He’s not trying to mimic third young master Jun anymore.”

“Could it be that he’s given up on her?”

“Likely.”

“Maybe third young master Jun found out what he was thinking and warned him. So he has no choice but to give up.”

“Reasonable.”

“…”

So, Leng Yan’s first day back in the office resulted in rumors in the Leng Corporation.

The rumor was that their CEO had finally given up his pursuit of Ms. Qiao and had now returned to being himself.

As for the reason… PEople came up with many different theories.

The stories people made up kept on getting more and more imaginative. It ended up becoming a love triangle that resulted in much tears.

The worst thing was that some people even sent Leng Yan consolation flowers.

That night, after dinner.

Qiao Qing was about to go back to her bedroom when someone stopped her by embracing her from behind.

This familiar movement and scent were easy to distinguish.

Qiao Qing stopped moving, “Jun Yexuan?”

Jun Yexuan hugged her waist tighter and rubbed his chin against her shoulder, “Have you forgotten something?”

Qiao Qing, “What?”

Jun Yexuan almost choked to death.

He pinched her waist, “You heartless little thing. You promised me before that if you can save Leng Yan, you’d give yourself to me. What is it? You want to take that back now?”

Qiao Qing, “…”

Jun Yexuan continued to rub his chin against her, “I’ve given you a week to recover.”

Qiao Qing, “…”

Qiao Qing remembered her conversation with Qi Yusen at Yin Mountain and she didn’t know what to say.

Just then, a steady trail of footsteps approached, “I told her not to move that fast with you.”

Jun Yexuan shuddered, “Brother?!”

“Don’t call me that!” Qi Yusen shouted, “What have you promised me before?! She’s only 18! You’re being completely ignorant of her health and instead, are thinking dirty thoughts every day. You can’t even wait until marriage?! What right do you have to be with her?!”

Jun Yexuan felt like a cold bucket of water was thrown over him. He finally realized this was the reason why Qiao Qing had been hesitant.

So Qi Yusen heard their conversation from that day.

Though he was disappointed, he didn’t dare to push the boundary now.

“Brother, I was wrong.” Jun Yexuan backed down right away, “I’ll wait until we’re married.”

Then, Jun Yexuan unwrapped his arms around Qiao Qing and returned to his room.

Qi Yusen looked over to Qiao Qing and his tone turned back to gentle. He patted her head, “Qingqing, go to bed.”

“Okay.” Qiao Qing nodded and went to her room.

Midnight.

Jun Yexuan was half asleep when he felt a breeze come through the window. Then, he felt his blanket lift off him.

Something had rolled into his blanket and it sure was soft.