13 || Don't Show Them Anything

Astra

"That looks painful," I turned around to see him there. I don't know why part of me doubted he would stick around considering the only time we had been apart in the past 2 hours was when we had split to go get showers and get changed.

I for one was glad for the refreshing start. It helped forget the pain I had been in these past few hours and make thing seem a little more normal. Well, at least as normal as it could get with an idol peaking over your shoulder.

He brushed my damp hair from my face, his touch sending shivers down my spine. Shortly after the incident, the doctors had given us repressors fashioned as simple bracelets for our wrists. It made all of the voices go away, instantly relieving my headache, and was a far cry better than the cuffs they had me in earlier. While it noticeably dulled the effects of being so close to my soulmate, his touch was still clear as day.

He fingers lingered, his eyes narrowing as he observed the side of my temple which was now turning various shades of purple, blue, and this sickly colour of green. I winced slightly, the tender touch sending my head pounding.

His lips turned down in a little frown, a shadow of guilt flashing across his eyes.

I grabbed his hand in both of mine. "Don't be upset. You didn't do this to me."

"But it is my fault."

"It's as much my fault as it would be yours."

Namjoon frowned, and I was fully expecting him to argue with me. Instead, his eyes trailed down, fully roaming my body and the clothes I now wore.

"You look good in my clothes." A slight up turn on his lips. I blushed, still not used to receiving compliments from the boy in front of me. What felt even more weird was the fact that yes, I was wearing his clothes.

Bug Hit staff had a bag prepared for when Namjoon would get released from the hospital after he was admitted, and unfortunately I wasn't exactly in the bigger picture when they made that plan.

His clothes were loose on me. The designer t-shirt was simple, just a simple white t-shirt, but the simple shirt no doubt costed hundreds of dollars. It hung loosely on my shoulders, the soft material nearly feeling like silk against my skin.

The sweat pants I was wearing were also clearly too long on me. I had the black pants bunched tightly at my waist, and even then they still dragged under my feet as I walked.

Still, they smelled like him. The scent was reminiscent of almonds, and I couldn't help but breathe it in. Although, being next to the real thing was so much better.

"I look ridiculous," I said with a small giggle. Likely, my parents would bring me my suitcase when they were able to show up at the hospital. They were probably worried sick right now. Of course, they would still have to wake up.

My hand met Namjoon's, almost without thinking and I pulled him along to the window in the small, private hospital room that seemed more like a hotel suite than anything. The city lights seemed to sparkle against the dark sky. It was a shame that there was so much light pollution you couldn't even see the stars.

There was a bouquet with flowers set on a small table beside the window. It was a calm arrangement of lillies, and roses. I brought my nose down the the petals, breathing in the sweet scent of pollen.

"Did someone bring you flowers?" I asked. Plucking a rose from the arrangement and letting the soft velvety touch of the petals glide along my fingers.

"No, I was thinking maybe they were brought for you."

A slip of paper poked through the leaves. I picked it up, the slip only showing a few words.

Don't show them what you can do. -AH