Secret

"What?!" I let out in a strained squeal. I wasn't quite sure what to say. Obviously she wasn't incredibly happy.

I settle on a "Congratulations?"

She looks at me in pure horror.

"What am I supposed to do? I'm not married to Mariano yet! I've literally rejected all of his proposals, and now we're having a child out of wedlock. My parents are gonna kill me!" She grabs her temples in frustration.

"Why haven't you accepted his proposals?" I ask, instantly regretting it. Was it okay for me to ask such a personal question?

She sighed.

"I just wanted him to propose to me because he REALLY loved me, not just because he wanted to marry someone. Sure, he acts head of heels for me, but he also acted head over heels for Isabela. I just didn't want to get my heart broken, you know?" She explains, bitting the inner corner of her lip.

"How long have you known?" I ask concerned.

"Since breakfast, I heard a it's heartbeat. It was insanely fast, I know what that means. I guess I'm 5 or 6 weeks along? That's when I typically can hear a heartbeat in other pregnant women." She rhythmically tapped against her arm like she was mimicking a heart beat.

"What are you going to do?" I ask, her nerves starting to rub off on me.

"I honestly have no idea. But you have to PROMISE me you won't tell ANYONE." She said clearly.

Just then, I heard Camilo out in the hallway,

"Y/N?!? Y/N why did you run off!?" He yelled while searching for me in the hallway. My eyes widened and I made eye contact with Dolores. She looked at me pleadingly. "Not anyone." She repeated. I gulped and nodded.

"Y/N?" Camilo called again. Her eyes flicked up to the door. I slowly backed away opening it and walking out. The second I emerged from the other side Camilo whipped his head around to face me.

His hair was still damp and he wore plaid pajama bottoms and a plain white shirt. He quickly walked over to me.

"Hey, there you are! What happened earlier? And why are you coming out of Dolores room?" He asked me confused.

"Oh uh no reason!" I say quickly. He crosses his arms suspiciously.

"Mmhmm... whatever you say." He narrows his eyes and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Are you gonna tell me why you practically sprinted out of my room earlier?" He says as his lips curl into a smile, leaning towards me.

I look up at him with big eyes.

"Nope!" I turn around to walk away but he pulls me right back into place.

"Ah ah ah, not so fast Y/N." Camilo teases.

I stare down at the floor trying to hide my red face. His hand moves up to grab and tilt my chin up so I was forced to look at him. He examines me for a second, taking everything in. Then Camilo hums in contentment.

That was dangerous.

My hand reached up to the back of his neck to pull his head towards mine but the sound of a door opening sent us both scrambling. We turned around to face Antonio. I hope he didn't see anything.

"Oh, hey guys! The sleepovers about to start! Maybe you guys can sneak some blankets from downstairs?" His eyes light up as he talks. He looks at our startled states, "Oh is everything okay?" Antonio asks sweetly.

Camilo speaks fast-

"Yes yes of course, we'll go right away!" He then precedes to grab my arm and drag me downstairs. Once we reach the bottom of the staircase, I eye Camilo.

"I cannot believe he almost saw that..." I say shaking my head. "We've gotta get better about staying tame around your family members!" I say with a sigh.

"Aww you're no fun!" He says jokingly. I shoot him a death glare. He puts his hand up defensively.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding! I'll try my best..."

I roll my eyes. He starts to walk and I follow.

"Most of the blankets are in my moms room. When shes upset and some blizzard breaks out it's good for her and my dad to have access to them." Camilo explains.

"Ah I see. So what's the plan?" I ask excitedly. He thinks for a second.

"My dads not home right now, that means it's just my mom. Maybe I can distract her and you can grab the blankets? I'll make sure she's not looking and you can grab them from the huge yellow cabinet just by the entrance of her room, you can't miss it!"

I process what he says for a minute then nod my head.

"You better be a good distraction."

"Oh Y/N, you of all people know I can be very distracting." He winks and walks into his moms room.

"Hey Mami." Camilo says gingery. I can hear everything from my hidden spot by the doorway.

"Oh no, you have the 'I want something face.' What is it?" His mother asks with a scowl.

"No no, I just wanted to talk to you." He says convincingly, I can hear his footsteps as he walks towards her.

"Hm? Is that so?" She asks suspiciously then her voice melts into happiness.

"Ah come here then hijo. I want a hug!" He inhaled sharply as his mother pulls him into a tight squeeze.

"You've grown so much Camilito, you're taller then me now!" She pinches his cheeks aggressively and he awkwardly laughs. It takes everything in me not to crack up. Suddenly, I hear a thudding sound and peeked the corner to see Camilo had dropped the floor.

"AH MY FOOT!"

He cried out in pain but his emotions weren't fluctuating. He was faking an injury. I guess that was basically my cue.

"Mami please help me sit down I- OW!" He yelped as his mom helped him sit down in her chair, causing her to face away from the cabinet.

I slowly crept in the room, the cabinet was right next to the doorway. I slowly creaked open the cabinet.

"What did you do? How did you hurt it?" She said concerned.

"I don't know Mami just help me!" He exclaimed holding his "injured" foot.

I started piling up blankets in my arms, until I couldn't carry anymore.

"Here I'll just ask Julieta to cook you something up real quick-" I froze, just before Pepa could turn around Camilo screamed obnoxiously loud.

"NO NO- I UH. I think I just need- uh a hug to fix it? You know, a mothers love" He said with a crooked smile. I creeped out the room, still peeking at them from the corner. Camilo exhaled.

His mom whacked him hard on the head.

"I don't know what you're up to but you better leave before I figure it out," she scoffed and facepalmed, "A mothers love huh? Just go!" She pinched the bridge of her nose. Camilo sprinted out of the door.

He laughed as he looked at me struggling to hold At least 13 blankets stacked up tall. He grabbed half and we started walking towards the stairs.

"Why don't you give me a hug Camilito?" I teased. He made a face of disgust, "Please never call me that."

"Whatever you say Camilito."

We both laugh as we walk up the stairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! Hope you enjoyed this short chapter. Sorry about the short chapters and no update last night. Im grieving the loss of a family member and it's very hard to be there for my family and write. Thank you guys so much for your understanding, I absolutely love reading everyone's kind comments. Have a great day, you're beautiful and capable!