chapter 19

Work was hell. All I could think about was what happened with Dana. How am I gonna tell Ryujin this? Would he understand? Would he stop talking to me? Would he get mad?

I told Dana I would still sleep in the guest room until he can prove to me that he has changed. Thankfully, he agreed. I'm alone tonight since he put Eva to sleep tonight. I'm just waiting for Ryujin to call me and trying to think of the best way to explain everything to him.

Am I really gonna be stuck with Dana for the rest of my life? If he threatens to kill himself every time I try to break up with him then how can I be with Ryujin? Why can't my life just be simple?

I feel like I've been waiting for Ryujin's phone call for eternity. I'm so nervous. My heart is beating so fast. I don't want to lose him. How can I tell him I don't want to lose him but I also can't be with him?

My phone rings to see a video chat request from Ryujin. I take a deep breath before answering. I accept the call and get myself ready to tell him what happened but then I see he has a cut on his face and a black eye forming.

"What the hell happened to you?" I ask forgetting about my plan to tell him about Dana.

"It was a big boo boo on my part. I was helping my dad out today with cutting wood. I was using this iron bar to kinda pry the logs apart and it slipped and it smacked me right on the face" he explains with a smile.

"Why are you smiling?" I glare at him.

"I'm used to it. I get hurt a lot. I tend to do things before I think and it usually ends up with me getting hurt."

"Well stop that. You should be more careful" I say in my mom voice.

"Woah. That was kinda hot" he laughs.

"Shut up. I'm still upset that you're hurt."

"Shouldn't you be worried about me and not upset?" He ask.

"Well you're acting like it's not big deal so you're well enough for me to be upset with you."

He pouts and I just want to kiss his lips. "What did you do with your family today?" I ask trying to distract myself from his lips.

He tells me about his day. How he hung out with his nephew and he was teaching him baseball. Him and his sisters played scrabble. Then he said he was trying to teach his nephew how to drive a four wheeler. After that, he helped his dad to cut wood to get ready for winter. He told me the story of how he got hurt again. He apparently got hurt more than once. He also pinched his middle finger in between two logs so it's swollen at the moment.

The whole time he was talking, I just stared at his face. His eyes, his lips, the way he always rubs his nose. His mole on his eyelid. I'm really falling hard for this guy then I remember Dana. He must have noticed the sudden change in my mood because he asked me right away if I was okay. Why the hell does he have to so attentive that he notices the smallest things with me.

For some reason, I couldn't tell him about what happened with Dana earlier. So I tell him it's nothing and that I'm only tired.

"Do you want me to let you go so you can sleep?" He ask while looking at me in a way that makes me feel I could melt from his stare.

I shake my head, "No. I want to continue talking to you. I missed you today."

"What did you do today" he ask now.

"Nothing really. Just spent the day with Eva and had work earlier and now I'm talking to you" I lie.

"Did Dana bug you today?"

"Not really. He left me alone for the most part" I lie again.

"That's good. Are you sure you're okay though? You don't seem like yourself" he says giving me mixed feelings. I want him to leave me alone but at the same I love that he knows something is bugging me.

"Just stress. Dana still wants to do the twitch streaming thing" I say hopefully convincing him enough.

"Ahh okay. Let me know when so I can watch you" he winks at me.

"Are you always flirty with women?" I ask changing the topic.

He stuck out his tongue and creased his brows, "I don't think I flirt. I'm just nice to people but I was voted biggest flirt in high school which I didn't know whether I should be offended or not."

"Should I be worried since I'm not there next to you?" I ask, now worried.

"Nah. If they take it as flirting then that's on them. I only have eyes on you" He winks with a smirk.

"Yep I'm definitely worried now" I say.

He laughs throwing his head back and I thought I saw his hair. He must have long hair so that's why he always puts his hood up or wears a hat.

Someone suddenly knocks on my door.

"Yeji?" Dana says.

"I gotta go" I say to Ryujin then hang up right after.

"What do you want?" I respond to Dana as cold as possible.

He opens the door, "Can you please sleep with me? I miss you in bed with me."

"I'm not in the mood Dana."

"Please. Please please"he begs.

"Dana. Stop. I'm tired."

"Can I sleep with you then?" He asks.

I don't really feel like arguing anymore so I agree to let him sleep in bed with me.

He jumps in right away. "Thank you, Yeji. I promise, you won't regret giving me another chance. I love you. We can be a happy family. You, me and Eva. If you want, maybe another kid."

When he said that, I feel my heart flutter. It confused me. I like Ryujin. Why is my heart beating like this when Dana said that. Do I still want to be with Dana? It would be easier for Eva because she would be able to see her dad. If I move to where Ryujin is then it will be hard. I'm so torn now.