14

CRAFTY CRAB| 8:23 PMBATON ROUGE, LOUSIANA

BATON ROUGE, LOUSIANA

CRAFTY CRAB| 8:23 PMBATON ROUGE, LOUSIANA

"Preciate you bruh." Kaizier spoke softly as their waiter set down their drinks before walking away. He softly grabbed the straw, unwrapping it and placing it in Alyssa's margarita before doing the same to his.

He took a sip of his sweet tea before swallowing. "Whatchu wanna know, princess?"

Kaizier watched as she bit her lip, something she did when she was nervous. His mother was a touchy subject for him, but he wanted Alyssa to know that he was being open, and that he trusted her.

"Everything. Just tell me about your childhood in general." Alyssa mumbled, sipping her alchoholic drink.

"Aight," Kaizier cleared his throat. "I grew up hea. My daddy got locked up fa some shit he ain't do. He was set up, and I knew it. He knew it. But, he took the fall for the crime. They say he murdered a couple people during a bank heist, but its hard to explain. I was a daddies boy fasho, so when my pops got locked up, my heart damn near broke, mane."

Alyssa reached over, grabbing his hand and rubbing her thumb along his skin. "We don't have to talk about if you don't want to, baby. I'm sorry, I-"

"Say," Kaizier gave her a soft smile, "You good, ma. You was gonna have to know eventually. I want you to, aight?"

She nodded.

"So, my mama one uh dem black women dat hate da fact she black. She like my color and I remember being like 6, walking into ha bathroom to see her rubbing bleaching cream all over ha skin. Till dis day she still rub that shit in ha black ass, and she only went up like a shade." He laughed, "She prolly gon like you just cause you damn near white."

"Fuck no," Alyssa scrunched her face up, "That ain't no reason to like me."

"Well trust me it is to her." He took a sip of his drink. "Got in my first fight when I was 9, and I broke a nigga nose fa talkin bout my daddy. Den I just started fighting real bad. Everytime I got home from a fight, my mama would say sum weird shit like 'hit me since you hittin dese kids'. She never took my side, cause most the kids I was beatin on was white ass mufuckas dat ain't know shit about me or my daddy."