15 Controlled by a higher power

Ronan woke up from his sleep because of the loud noise coming from downstairs.

  He sat on his bed and saw an unknown woman sleeping beside him.

  He doesn't even recognize the face of that woman.

  Looks like she was one of the maids his wife bought yesterday.

  he was too drunk to remember how she ended up here.

  He massaged his temples but still, he was hearing the noise of someone banging the entrance door loudly.

  Why would anyone come to his house at night?

  Did something terrible happen in the village? And if that's the case then why is no one opening the door? He thought in his mind.

  "What a bunch of useless servants." Ronan mumbled under his breath and decided to check who has come this late at night by himself.

  He went downstairs and saw that the whole mansion looked empty. He felt like he was the only person alive in that place. Thinking about that he started to get anxious.

  Not many people know this but Ronan had monophobia. (the fear of being isolated, lonely, or alone.) from his childhood. That's why he was never alone while going anywhere.

  Ronan screamed his Butler's name but he didn't got any response back. It was the first time that thing happened. Because whenever he called his butler at any time. he would always be there for his aid then why is he not coming now?

  Shrugging his bad feeling aside. He went towards the door and opened it and saw a beautiful young woman standing at his doorstep. She was leaning on the sidewall and her eyes were closed tightly. She was moaning with pain.

  But Ronan didn't care about that. He was too mesmerized while looking at her pretty face. His heart wanted nothing but to claim her.

  "Please help me." The woman said with a low tone while stretching her hands towards him. She came closer and suddenly collapsed to the ground.

  Ronan kept looking at her while being confused. But then he had a malicious idea in his mind.

  He picked her up from the ground and started heading her towards his private workroom. Because he knows that no one goes there without his permission.

  He kept that woman on the nearby sofa. And started admiring her beauty.

  he slowly started moving close towards her. But abruptly, the woman woke up from her unconscious state and her eyes fell on Ronan.

  She began to scream but Ronan stopped her from doing that by keeping his hand on her mouth.

  "Don't scream. I am just trying to help you. I found you near my doorstep unconscious that's why I bought you inside the house. I hope you are okay now."

  After hearing him say that. the woman started to feel calm. "Yeah, I am sorry for disturbing you this late night. I am Monique Walworth. I ran away from my home because my parents were pressuring me to marry someone I don't like. That's why I decided to run away. But then I saw some unknown people following me who were sent by my dad to bring me back. So I came here to find help." She breath heavily. " I was feeling very dizzy because of being thirsty."

  "I can quench your thirst." Ronan said to her while pouring a wine into a glass.

  "Huh?" Monique started feeling uncomfortable even though she knows that he meant something else. "I don't know how to thank you properly. If you wouldn't have helped me then those people would have taken me with them."

  "Well if you want to do something then I am not going to stop you." He said while touching her face gently. Making her uncomfortable. She quickly shrugged his hand from her face.

  Ronan looked at her and scowled. "If you don't listen to me then I am going to hand you over to those people who came looking for you." He threatened. "You don't want that. Right?"

  He gave her the glass of wine. "Think about it. Sun is going to rise soon. If you succeeded in satisfying me then I am going to let you go safe and sound." He gave a perverted smile. "Come here. Don't waste your time."

  "True, it's only 2 hours for the sun to rise and I should not waste my time any longer." She gave him an approving smile and started heading towards him.

  That thing shocked Ronan a bit. The miserable little sheep changed her personality this quick. That's a good thing for him only.

  She came closer towards him and rested her head on his chest and started roaming her hand across his neck. "You know what? Being with me is going to take you to hell."

  "I don't mind it." He leaned over towards her for a kiss but his face soon lost its color. He saw her eye color changing into red. And a long tail coming from her back. He was taken aback but it was too late. She bit his neck very harshly and kicked his genitals making him fall down.

  His blood was on that woman's mouth. She licked that blood with her tongue and made a disgusted face. "Yuck! It tastes like a dog's sh*t."

  Ronan was laying on the ground motionlessly. His neck was stinging so bad that he couldn't even move his body parts.

  He was loosing hope when he felt someone's footsteps coming towards him. He wished that it might be his butler who came to check on him and started getting hope of being saved. But it soon turned into disappointment.

  "Hello Mr. Richardson." Adrian smirked at him and stretched his hand towards him so he could stand.

  Looking at him Ronan was stunned. He thought that his people killed him already. But Adrian is still alive? He didn't wanted to believe that.

  He ignored his hand and woke up from the ground by himself while covering his beaten area. "Adrian!? you bastard! How did you come inside my house?"

  "I know that I am a bastard. But I think you have a misunderstanding. I am not Adrian." Adrian said while looking at him proudly like he was trying to instigate him.

  "What!?" Ronan looked at him terrifyingly but soon got cut off by succubi.

  "Ezen why waste time on giving an introduction? Let's kill him already. Because if the sun rises then I am going to disappear." succubi said while wiping her mouth with a tissue.

  Hearing succubi calling Adrian with a different name. He got shocked and thought that he knows someone who has a similar name. He slowly started to remember.

  "Are you the demon that I summoned years ago?" He said while looking at Adrian.

  Adrian nodded in response and gave him coy smile. "Yes I am, and I am also the one who you betrayed."

  Hearing about that Ronan remembered his deal with Isabelle for not giving sacrifice to Ezen anymore.

  Ronan fell on his knees and started begging Adrian for forgiveness. "I am sorry for doing that, but it was all Isabelle's fault. She manipulated me into doing that."

  "Yeah, like you are some kind of small baby who can get manipulated by anyone?" Succubi said while being annoyed. She just doesn't understand why Ezen is not killing him already. Because as per she knows him, he is very impatient with his victims and kills them mercilessly. Then why is he suddenly being considerate?

  "Alright, I won't kill you."

  Hearing Adrian say that Succubi glanced at him with a weirded-out expression. She decided to say something but was hushed by Adrian.

  "I will not do anything to you but for that, you need to give me something."

  Ronan who was on his knees. Stood up while clasping his hand and started pleading. "I promise, I will give you anything you want. Just please don't do anything to me."

  "Tell me where did you find out about me? How did you know how to summon me? Did someone tell you or some kind of information got leaked?" Adrian come towards him and grabbed his neck while threatening him to say otherwise he would break his neck.

  Ronan didn't utter a word. His face became white. Like he recalled something he didn't want to remember.

  "Fine I will tell you about it but you got to promise that you will let me go after that."

  Adrian nodded and let his neck go.

  Ronan breathed a sense of relief and then he began heading towards his office table and opened his personal drawer with the key. When he opened it, he saw a large red book inside it.

  While picking the book up his hands were trembling horrendously.

  He is now breaking the promise he made to the village's elders. He vowed that he would keep this book safe even if it cost his life. but he has no choice now.

  He loves himself more than anyone in this world. If it was for his own sake then Ronan is even ready to sacrifice everyone around him.

  "Ezen come on, kill him, don't waste your time by trusting this pervert old man again. I would have killed him myself but for that, I need to get intimate with him and I am not going to do that. I have standards. I don't screw with ugly guys."

  Hearing that Ronan got offended and kept the book back inside the drawers edge.

  "Calm down, no one is telling you to do that." Adrian looked at her with disappointment.

  She is doing nothing but ruining his plan. Even he can't wait to kill Ronan but by being aggressive he is not going to get anything.

  Looking at Ronan's face now. He understood that his male ego was hurt. He even saw him hiding something inside the drawer.

  As he went closer to check on it. He saw Ronan holding a talisman in his hand and was chanting something while reading from the book.

  He doesn't know why, but he felt that he has seen an exact similar book somewhere. But can't remember it clearly.

  He was about to take the book away from Ronan when he felt a very sharp pain in his heart like someone was squeezing the life out of it.

  He couldn't bear the pain any longer that's why he fell down on his knees while holding his chest tightly.

  When succubi went closer to help him. Her body froze into one spot. She struggled very much but her body was not moving at all.

  Adrian looked up at Ronan and saw him smirking at them while still chanting. That time he understood that some kind of higher energy was controlling them.