23 - The Last Visit

The two of you walked into the hospital and went up the elevator to the floor Tsumiki was on. He stood next to you in the elevator, smiling gently with a pink tint to his cheeks. You looked away and ran a finger over your lips where he had kissed them.

"Will you let me do what I should've done a week ago?" He asked you.

You nodded and leaned in to connect your lips to his. His arm on your waist pulled you closer as he kissed you back. Your hands went to cup his jawline to deepen the kiss. Your lips moved with his, pulling back occasionally to breathe. He cradled your face with his other hand, pressing his mouth to yours, kissing you slowly and gently.

The elevator door opened, revealing a white-walled corridor. The two of you walked through in silence and entered Tsumiki's room.

She looked exactly the same as last time, but you still felt relief. The knowledge that she would wake up gave the visit new meaning. He sat down on a chair next to her and smiled.

You sat down next to him and hesitantly slipped your hand into his, intertwining your fingers. He rubbed his thumb along your skin.

"Thank you, Y/n," He said after a while.

"You already thanked me."

"I'm so glad you have that cursed technique that lets you see the future."

"Mhmm."

Megumi stood up and walked over to the window. You followed him and stared out at the darkening sky, orange hues from the sun fading and changing into indigo ones.

"Megumi?"

"Yeah?"

"What are we?"

He turned away from the window and stared at you, trying to decipher what you were thinking. After a while, he summoned the courage to say, "I've liked you for a while, Y/n."

"I like you too."

He turned back to the window to watch the sunset. "Gojo told me once that it's not ideal for sorcerers to have relationships, though. It's a job where we're putting our lives on the line for others. If you died, I could end up cursing you from all the grief and pain I'd experience."

You nodded in disappointment, understanding what he was trying to say. So he doesn't want a relationship. It made sense and it would be better if your feelings didn't grow. If you died, it would have severe consequences.

"So you better not die, Y/n."

You glanced up at him. He was staring at your lips.

"Same goes for you," You replied.

He pulled you closer with a hand under your chin and captured your lips in his. The kiss was soft and sweet; your lips moved in sync with his and he wrapped his arms around your waist, pulling you in closer.

You were the first to pull back. "Let's not get ahead of ourselves incase Tsumiki wakes up."

He nodded and let go.

The train ride back was peaceful; he mustered the courage to hold your hand for the trip and the two of you said nothing, leaving a comfortable silence. Nothing needed to be said, anyway.

When you got back to the school, the sky was completely dark. As you both walked past the second-years' dorms, you heard them yelling.

"Should we stop by the others?" You suggested, but he hesitantly grabbed your hand again.

"You need to rest up before the mission tomorrow."

"What are we doing tomorrow, anyway?"

"We need to collect a special grade cursed object. It's one of Sukuna's fingers."