[ CHAPTER-3 ]

The Pandavas sat in stunned silence, grappling with the bewildering turn of events. Abhimanyu, who was by their side, found himself in shock, struggling to digest the truth about what his grandmother had orchestrated. Beside him, Krishna maintained his characteristic smile, choosing to remain quiet for the moment.

Among the women in the Pandavas' camp, confusion reigned. They were unaware of the intricacies of the assembly summoned by Krishna, leaving them uncertain about the unfolding situation .

Pandav Mata gathered the courage to speak, her voice quivering with concern, "Putro , what has happened? Has something gone wrong ?"

Yudhishthir's eyes blazed with fury, causing Kunti to instinctively take a step back. Draupadi and Subhadra, shocked by Yudhishthir's uncharacteristic anger, had never witnessed him like this before. Composing herself, Kunti inquired, "Putr Yudhishthir, are you alright?"

Yudhishthir's voice shook with a combination of rage and sorrow as he retorted,

"How can you expect me to be well? How can you even stand here alive after what you transpired? You're here as if nothing happened, as if you didn't cast away your first born into the river. You stand here and ask me what has happened!" Yudhishthir's words echoed with seething indignation.

Kunti's eyes welled up with tears, and the realization of what had transpired in the sabha weighed heavily upon her. The secret she had guarded for so long, one of the most sinful acts of her life—abandoning her infant into the waters of the Ganga—had come to the forefront, flooding her with remorse and sorrow.

Krishna cast a somber smile in his aunt's direction before discreetly signaling Abhimanyu to escort the mother's away. This conversation was meant for the five sons and their mother alone, and Krishna respected their need for privacy and resolution.

"Mata, why didn't you confide in any of us about this? What if one of us killed each other  on the battlefield?" Arjun's voice quivered, tears streaming down his face. His anguish was palpable. "Is that what you wanted, Mata? To witness your own sons, your own flesh and blood, pointing arrows at one another, with the madness of war consuming us ?"

"It's not as simple as that, Arjun," Kunti sobbed, her voice filled with regret. She knelt on the floor, her tears flowing freely. " I was a coward, afraid of the judgment of the world for having a child before marriage. I felt I had no choice but to disown my own son ."

Yudhishthir's anger flared, and he slammed the throne he was seated on. "So , for your own selfishness, you disowned him then. And now, for your selfishness, you're willing to sacrifice him in this war, aren't you ?"

Kunti sobbed, her heart heavy with the weight of her past decisions. She wished she could disappear into the ground.

Nakul stepped forward, offering his help to Kunti as she struggled to rise. "Mata, why didn't you share this with us? We could have prevented the current situation. Bhartha Arjun and Jyesh...tha have sworn to kill each other, and your silence has only deepened conflict between us ."

—----------------------------------------------

Duryodhan stood there, gazing at the brilliant sun with a bitter laugh. "I can't believe how blind I've been, my dear friend always looked up to you, and his golden armor bears your symbol, his prowess and brilliance clearly revealing his divine lineage . I should have seen it."

Ashwathama, standing beside Duryodhan, understood the profound impact of this revelation on his friend. He, too, was taken aback by Karna's true identity but was well aware of how it affected Duryodhan's state of mind.

"Suyo, are you genuinely considering peace with them?" Ashwathama inquired, seeking confirmation once more.

Duryodhan sighed heavily, conflicted. "It's not as if I have much of a choice. I don't like the idea of making peace with them, but how can Karna fight in this war? In battle, he can't bring himself to harm his newfound brothers. And even if he did, he'd carry the weight of that guilt for a lifetime ."

Duryodhan continued, his voice tinged with concern. "I can't bear to see him trapped in such a predicament."

Ashwathama raised a valid point. "What about the Pandavas? We can't decide on peace unilaterally. We need to hear their stance on the war as well."

—-------------------------------------------

Sahadev calmly asked Yudhishthir, "Jyeshtha, what about the war?"

Yudhishthir, lost in his thoughts, replied, "What about it? Do you expect me to fight, Jyeshta? Can I raise a weapon against him ?"

Sahadev continued, "But what about Panchali? We've promised to seek revenge on her behalf ." The reminder struck a chord with all the Pandavas, making them acutely aware of the complex situation they were about to face.

Nakul added, "But we can't fight the Kauravas either with Jyeshtha Karna on their side either."

Arjun's suggestion echoed in their minds. "Unless we talk with him and convince him to fight on our side."

Yudhishthir raised a concern, "But will he agree to that? From what I can tell, he would never leave Duryodhan."

Sahadev offered a practical perspective, "We can't know unless we try, and it's not like we have any other options." The Pandavas acknowledged the uncertainty of the situation but were willing to explore all possibilities for the sake of peace and unity.

—-------------------------------------

How was third chapter? Do you all liked it ..

So will the peace treaty will proceed or war will still happen? Any way it's not like shani dev is on mood to leave karna anytime soon....

Let's wait and see what happens in next chapter...