Chapter 4

TUMIGIL SA pagpipinta si Silence nang marinig ang malakas na katok mula sa pintuan ng attic.

Nagbuga siya ng hangin saka tumayo at sumilip sa peephole para tignan kung sino ang nasa labas.

Silence pouted when she saw the head housekeeper. The one that always obsequious to her grandparents and treat her like she is not part of the family she should serve.

Nakakainis!

Yet, despite the annoyance, she still opened the door with a smile on her face.

But, like always, the woman just sneered at her.

Silence mentally roled her eyes. Annoying!

"Sir Tyrone is on the line in the library. Go and talk to him." Utos nito sa kanya saka siya tinalikuran.

Iningusan niya ang likod ng mayordoma bago sinarado at ni-lock ang pintuan ng attic. Nobody should enter her home without her permission.

She's been sleeping in the attic since she turned eighteen and made it her room.

But, almost a year ago, she asked her brother and sister if they could pay somebody to renovate it. They said yes and ever since it was renovated, she made it her home. With kitchen, bedroom, living room and other important amenities so she doesn't have to go down stairs for her food and stuff.

Their parents didn't make a fuss when her siblings agreed. And Silence couldn't ask for a best thing from her family.

Living in the attic gives her privacy. Furthermore, she doesn't have to deal with anybody especially with her grandparents when they're around.

Nang masigurong sarado ang pintuan niya ay tumakbo siya pababa ng hagdan.

It took her two floors to get to the library. At agad niyang pinulot ang cellphone na nasa mahabang mesa at excited na nagtanong sa kapatid niya.

"Kuya! You're coming to visit, are you?!" Malawak ang ngiti niya.

"No."

Agad na nabura ang ngiti ni Silence sa naging sagot nito.

"When are you going to visit me then?" Pinanatili niya ang masayang boses kahit na malungkot ang mukha at nararamdaman niya.

It's been so long since her brother and sister drop by to visit her. Miss niya na ang dalawa.

"I don't know. I just called to tell you to stay in the attic and lock your door.  Make your groceries and don't go out for three days."

"Why?" Her tone remains as it is.

"Our grandparents are going to stay there. They said they'll be in the house for three days. I don't want you to talk to them without me besides you or Tyrine. They shouldn't also see you." Bumongtong-hininga ito.

"Yeah, sure!" Silence replied, voice still sound joyful while staring outside the window blankly.

She heard her brother blows a loud breath. It seems like her brother is stressed.

"How are you?" He inquired.

"Great--"

"You haven't stepped outside the house since you went home. It's been over a year, Silence," he reminded, cutting her off. "I don't find something great with how you isolated yourself."

Binasa ni Silence ang labi saka lumapit sa bintana at tinanaw ang malawak na hardin.

"I'm used to living inside the house, kuya. Remember? I studied almost all my life inside this mansion. I'm used to the life inside. I enjoy it. I have painted a lot and sold it with the help of the new housekeeper, Jinky Elle-- L for short," she chuckled.