Chapter 61: Modern Day Life Lesson Forty Four

A/N: What did you feel about chapter 60?? Here's probably the final part of this update! Please enjoy!!!!

"I am here to expose the biggest secret hidden among the students in the school, to expose the biggest secret Emilia Roswaal is hiding under everyone's noses." Iwasaki's voice rang loudly in the silent Great Hall. Everyone was silent, and, slowly, all heads turned and all eyes fell upon Emilia. She looked confused and apprehensive, unsure about what she was talking about. Murmurs and whispers started breaking out. "Secret...?" They all whispered to one another. Subaru looked over to the stage, trying to find where Shibata was, and when he spotted him coming out the control room, he gestured him to tell him to turn off the computer, but he shook his head, mouthing "it's not working". The two exchanged a scared look just as Iwasaki started talking again.

"The secret has been going on for quite a while, but as the victim of it, I feel obliged to expose it." She said, and the screen flickered again, and Iwasaki was gone, instead, images after images started flashing on the screen. "What the...??" Subaru muttered as he stared at the screen, his eyes, like everyone else's, were widening in shock and disbelief. Images of a guy and a girl, all looking like they'd been caught in a haste and from someone who appeared to be hiding the camera, were shown on the screen. The images were taken at various locations, like the entrance to game centers, karaoke, different houses, and even hotels. What was even worse about the images was that apart from the guy and girl in every photo, there would be middle age looking men in the photos as well. There was even one video showing the guy, looking very mad, finding out the camera and reaching out his hand to cover the camera lens.

The murmurs and whispers grew louder and turned into shouts, because it couldn't be more obvious that it was Emilia and Hihara Yuuto in the pictures. The students started to circle around Emilia, Rem, Ram, Beatrice, and Subaru. "That's right, people. Emilia Roswaal is not the saint, the angel she appears to be at school! She tangles with my boyfriend Hihara Yuuto secretly! She's a--" Iwasaki's voice was drowned by the uproar the students were making now and no one heard the horrible names she was calling Emilia, but they didn't need her telling them what she was, many guys were already calling her those names.

"Wait!! This can't be!! Listen up you lot this isn't true!!!" Subaru shouted as the other girls shouted the same. "Please! Just listen to me! This isn't real! I have never done anything of the sort!" Emilia shouted pleadingly, her voice going hoarse slightly. But it was no use, the crowd didn't want to listen to her at all. Feeling desperate about the situation, Subaru turned toward the stage again and spotted Shibata waving at him with the microphone in his hand. As soon as he saw him Subaru understood what he was about to do and reacted quickly when Shibata threw the mic at him.

It soared over the heads of the crowd and Subaru caught it steadily in his hand. "LISTEN UP NOW PEOPLE!!!" He shouted through the mic and it screeched loudly, and finally, the crowd recoiled and quieted down. Iwasaki didn't reappear on the screen either, and it was only showing the pictures on loop now. Subaru nodded at Emilia, and she took a deep breath. "Please, everyone, none of this is true! I have never been to any places like that, and I have never met with Hihara Yuuto after he left the school." She said firmly, although Subaru could see her clenched fists trembling.

"Where's the proof?" One of the guys yelled, followed by more loud demands of proof. "You want proof? We're all living proof!! She always goes home directly after school, and we're all with her!" Subaru shouted angrily. "And how do we know you're not just covering for her?" Another guy shouted, glaring at him. "Yeah testimony from friends and families are usually biased. Yours don't count!" The guy who yelled at first said, and many nodded in agreement. Subaru and Emilia both opened their mouth to speak but was cut off before they could. "And look at those pictures!!" He shouted, pointing at the screen. Suppressing his anger, Subaru looked back at the screen.