Chapter 206 - I Will Take The First Place For You!

Outside the lounge.

Logan, his friend, and Mrs. Hoffman waited anxiously.

Nora was changing inside the lounge.

Logan’s friend asked, “Are you really letting her go into the field?”

Mrs. Hoffman also frowned. “Yeah. Can Ms. Smith do it?”

“Does she know how to race? Has she ever raced before? Won’t she lose and come last if she goes into the field like that?” asked Logan’s friend.

An irritated Logan clenched his jaw and retorted, “Then how about you do it?”

His friend shut up at once.

Logan stared at the lounge.

He knew that he was going to lose for sure this time, but his ankle was hurting even more badly today, making him unable to persevere at all. Just like what Linson had said, he probably wouldn’t be able to even step on the brakes!

He had no other choice under such circumstances.

He could only make a Hail Mary effort now!

Creak!

The door was pushed open. Nora, dressed in a red and white racing suit, walked out of the lounge. Her long hair had been tied into a ponytail, and she was holding a helmet.

The tight-fitting racing suit outlined her tall, slender, and graceful figure, stunning the trio at the door.

Mrs. Hoffman looked her figure up and down and said, “Your figure is so good, Ms. Smith! Also, this is the first time that I find myself thinking that women can actually look so handsome in racing suits!”

Logan’s friend also complimented her. He said, “At least your cousin doesn’t look like she’s all form and no function, Logan! She puts forth a good image! Even if you lose, you’ll be able to lose in a more dignified manner now.”

Logan, “…”

“All racers, please head to the field!”

As the announcement rang out, Logan stood at the front with his crutch, limping as the four of them walked toward the racecourse together.

Logan loved his car very much, so his car had been modified by him to become nearly the best car in New York.

Although Nora liked to drive, what she liked more was the feeling of going at fast speed. She didn’t actually feel anything for the act of racing itself. She touched Logan’s car, finding it comfortable.

“Go in and try it.”

Logan opened the door to his car and—for the very first time—said that to an outsider.

His sports car was his life itself. He had never allowed anyone to test drive it in all these years.

Nora nodded. She entered the car, sat in the driver’s seat, and familiarized herself with the car’s controls. Then, she gave Logan an ‘OK’ gesture and got out of the car.

After staying quiet for a while, Logan finally said, “Keep safety as your top priority. It’s fine even if you come last.”

He said softly, “At the very least, it’s the Andersons themselves who are losing and not someone else losing in the Andersons’ stead.”

Having a substitute fill in for him would be the same as someone losing the race for him.

However, if the substitute was Nora, then at the very least, it would be the Andersons themselves losing the race.