Extended Prologue

"aaaahh..."  I sighed, exasperatedly. I just graduated from college, majoring in psychology. And boy was I in full content of having to escape endless research papers forever! A beaming smile made its way to my face.

After laying down for a few minutes, waiting for my blood to go to my head to avoid having a headache and to avoid feeling dizzy, i stood up and went to the bathroom to do my daily routine. I took out my toothbrush, put some toothpaste on it and brushed my teeth.

After showering, i picked out my clothes from my walk-in closet. A black short-sleeved coat that went down to my hips, a maroon cropped top, black shorts, and black ankle boots. I tied my hair into a ponytail, leaving a few strands of hair out to make it seem messy and cute or as gen z calls it—aesthetic.

I don't really care about what people thought about me but i think i look rather good today compared to my college days.

Once i was satisfied with myself, i went downstairs to my kitchen to prepare myself some breakfast—only to find out i ran out of coffee.

Darn it. I forgot to buy some yesterday when i was at the grocery store with Luca, My bestfriend. Gay Bestfriend at that. He had brunette messy hair, blue eyes, and a muscular build.

Sometimes i even wonder if he's still gay because he can pull off anyone he wants honestly—but not me though, call me a prude but i plan to live the rest of my life with books around me until i go psycho and then turn into a serial killer and then get turned to jail and then rot in there with a pet rat named Remy. Yes, the rat from ratatouille. And also yes, its not "ratatouille", his name is Remy you fake ass fans.

After deciding on just eating a pb&j sandwich, i went to grab my black sling bag and put all necessary things in it like my keys,wallet,cards, just some necessary necessities.

Nah that sounded better in my head.

I made sure all the lights and plugs are off before i went out the door to lock it.

Heading towards the elevator, i went pass Mrs. Wilson , the old lady who hated everyone but i still greet her whenever i pass by her door. Everyone needs a little friend, even if you think you don't.

"Good morning Mrs. Wilson!" I shouted when i passed her door.

"I didn't order pizza!"

Music to my ears.

I head towards the elevator and waited for the doors to open. I hate elevators sometimes, imagine standing inside a square warm box and then the lights suddenly turned off, leaving you inside to wallow in your self pity. And plus, the signals are no where to be found—hence why you cannot phone anyone in an elevator unless the signal is extremely strong.

A ding suddenly broke me out of my thoughts as i walk inside the traumatizing room.

I then went down the ground floor faster as no one was using the elevator besides me. I walked out the doors and continue my way out of the hotel i live in. I do live in a pretty expensive hotel, concerning my rich parents who supports me financially because both of them weren't present in my childhood. In short words, my bank account is loaded. I still don't know where they are but i do know one thing, they live in spain along with my abuela and abuelo who i grew up with originally.

My dad was american while my mom was hispanic, making me half american and half hispanic. Although i look more like my grandmother from my dad's side than both my parents. Instead of being really tan, im actually quite pale  but i got my mother's height thought, which i was bullied for in middle school. I've always stood on the far behind in every class picture I've got, i always stood out because i was as tall as my teacher or even taller than a teacher. There was that one time though.

Instead of taking my car, i decided to just walk to clear my head and to enjoy the fine weather we have today. Since i ran out of coffee, i decided to make a turn and continued my way towards the infamous cafe where i get my coffee at when i forget to buy some coffee beans. I swear i have a memory of a potato.

I stand outside the cafe, my mind immediately reading the sign.

Books & Brews

Pretty creative name.

I've come over here pretty often wether it is for a research paper or simply just purchasing a new book to read during my free times. And now that i have all the time in the world, i shall now stock my bookshelf with books that need or don't need just to feel better.

Later on, I've decided to purchase a few books before buying some take-out coffee.

I stand in line along with a few women my age while my eyes scanned the menu. Maybe i would get a chocolate muffin aswell. I nod my head a bit, confirming my order in my mind as my eyes wondered around the cafe. The designs are quite warm and cozy, with a mixture of woods and linen.

And then my eyes caught sight of a huge man- very well-built man in a black business attire that screams very much 'Do what i tell you to do or else you shall suffer my evil wrath'- for someone who graduated college with a master's degree in psychology, i may be a weird piece of shit sometimes in my own head.

Making eye-contact with the man, I suddenly felt weird tingles in me. Maybe because of the coffee brews surrounding the whole cafe. Not wanting to stare a tad bit longer, i casually turned to look in front of the line moving, making sure i was casual enough to indicate that I didn't give a damn.

Soon enough, i was now first in line, waiting for the barista to give me my money, the man who i was staring earlier suddenly stood up seeing him in my peripheral vision , looking a bit frustrated as he stormed out the cafe and got lost in the sea of the crowded city.

The barista Infront of me broke my thoughts. With a friendly smile, i thanked her as i collected my coffee cup raising it to my mouth to drink. I feel energized already just from one sip. I fixed the books i was carrying on my right and finally left the cafe with the man with bright green eyes in my thoughts.

How can someone look that freaking good honestly. I'm starting to think God has favorites.

As i was turning towards a dark alley, i immediately went face to face with the man earlier at the cafe— bright green eyes looked back at me intensely as if the man was thinking of complete Homicide and cannibalism. I immediately froze to my spot, the coffee in my hand raised mid-air as i stare at this beautiful specimen with absolute confusion written in my eyes. My eyes then flicker to something big and long...my mind recognizing it as huge Canines that can rip a stubborn bitch's head off in milliseconds.

Wait...canines-...Canines?!?!!

My eyes widened at the thought but before i can register everything else, i immediately blocked out, the man's smirk being the last thing i saw before everything went black.