78

There was a silence after the Feng Yue look-alike spoke of her true intention, and it stunned both Noah and Feng Yue.

"What the–" Feng Yue was so pissed off, she tore the barrier with her bare hands, while Noah showed an expression of pure disgust in his handsome face. He reached for his wife to get comfort, and to make sure she was safe. "I'm not surprised that father–no, Jun Wu–made something disgusting like you, after all, we all knew how twisted his morals are." She tried to piss off her look-alike, but the latter just smirked. 

"I'm sorry, I am not equipped with emotional capability like you. Father said that emotion is overrated, so, I am programmed to do whatever Father told me to. I am a better version of you." She spoke with a flat tone of voice. "And my first order now is to get the nephilim babies. Since they are nowhere to be seen, I am going to implement the second command. Do whatever it takes to get pregnant with the nephilim babies."

Feng Yue and Noah were so stunned with the incredulity of the command, and they looked at each other in fear. If this nutcase was just an ordinary chimera, they would not be bothered to entertain her. But since she was obviously a Devourer, mixed with god-knows-what, and her mission was to get pregnant by Noah, they needed to think fast and to get the hell out of there while waiting for Feng Xue, Wei Wuxian and Xie Lian.

"We need to stop her from doing… whatever she was told to do. And gross." Feng Yue took out her Whip–the most dangerous weapon she had–and Noah took out his diabolium twin guns. He wasn't in the mood to play, especially after the dream he just had. He just wanted to get rid of this… abominable, and soothe his wife's ruffled feather.

"Ooh, I see you are still using the old fashioned way to fight." Her face was more curious rather than mocking, but nonetheless Feng Yue was pissed as she took out her whip.

"Shut up, you ugly bitch, don't talk about my husband like that in front of me." Feng Yue attacked her with the whip, but the woman easily caught it in her hand.

"Ugly? I don't understand. I scanned your face perfectly. Does this mean that you are ugly?" She tilted her head in confusion while Noah shot her–which she dodged with the wave of her other hand.

"This bitch is very strong, Noah," Feng Yue whispered to him, "we should work together to corner her. I've told my brother about this and he's on his way here with my parents and everyone." She changed the whip shape into a futuristic looking shotgun that connected to her whole left arm and started to shoot at her–which was useless since she used the barrier around her body that deflected every attack.

"Resistance is futile." Her eyes turned red and she took out a huge blade out of her chest. It was obviously made from diabolium and it was not just a rib, but the whole spine, judging by the shape of the blade.

Feng Yue gasped, knowing how painful it must be to take the whole spine to make that weapon. But the surprise did not end there. The impostor turned the blade into some kind of a mini gun with multiple nozzles and there were three circles on top of each nozzle.

"You should start to pray now." She grinned as the circles started to spin and made a whirring sound.

Both Noah and Feng Yue could not move, because of the restraining array that held them in place. Feng Yue tried to resist but apparently the impostor was way a lot more stronger than her. Added to the diabolium weapon, Feng Yue knew that there was no way that they could win. Not when there were only the two of them.

Lan Wangji, Wei Wuxian, Hua Cheng and Xie Lian were rushing back home through the portal that Xie Lian made and they met Yuwen Mo and Na'Lan Jian on the way. They were holding the nephilim babies and took a walk on the park near the apartment, and they were surprised to see the four of them appeared out of thin air.

"Gramps! Where are the twins? And Noah? And the others?" Wei Wuxian asked Yuwen Mo, who looked confused.

"I thought they were going out to drink and karaoke?" He asked back, and Wei Wuxian nodded to Xie Lian, who opened another portal right into the apartment.

"Sorry, will explain later. Please don't come back until we call you." And they stepped into the portal and disappeared.

"So, that was a really efficient way to transport." Yuwen Mo was very interested in the portals that Xie Lian made. "Could you make anything like that too?" He asked Na'Lan Jian with bright eyes.

"Sure, I'll show you later. Where do you wanna go?" She hooked her arms around Yuwen Mo fondly as they continued to walk and chat while the babies were babbling in their own language.

The four of them exited the portal right when the impostor blasted her weapon to the direction of Noah and Feng Yue. Wei Wuxian and Xie Lian quickly made a barrier strong enough to hold back the blast, but it still took them both to do it.

"Feng Yue! Noah! Are you guys okay? Who the…" Wei Wuxian's words stopped when she looked at the impostor, who wore her daughter's face while she scanned Wei Wuxian and the others. "What the hell… who are you?"

The impostor tilted her head and spoke in a voice just like Feng Yue.

"Wei Wuxian. Original Devourer. Xie Lian. Original Devourer. Lan Wangji. Enhanced human. Hua Cheng. Enhanced human." She scanned them and then continued to talk. "The name that was given to me by father is Mittsu, nice to see you, Father, Mother, Uncle, Uncle."

"Mittsu…? Three?" Lan Wangji looked at Wei Wuxian, and the understanding dawned on them.

If Feng Yue and Feng Xue were number one and two, Mittsu here was three. That would mean that there were for, five, six and so on, and the thought of the army of Devourers under Jun Wu's command was scarier than anything they ever faced. It could be the end of the world as they knew it.