Chapter 11

Fleur was sniffling while dressing Vittorino the next day

Fleur was sniffling while dressing Vittorino the next day. Vittorino creases his eyebrows and says "if you have a cold. You can take a day off"
Fleur smiles at how considerate he was but Vittorino continues and says "I don't want to catch what you have. I already have a never-ending headache"
Fleur stops smiling and says "I am not sick. I was just up last night crying all night. So the aftermath to that is a stuffed nose"
"Hmm," says Vittorino and as he was done getting dressed, he walks away to take a seat on his single couch to have his breakfast.

Fleur watches him walk away and asks "aren't you gonna ask why I was crying?"
"As I said, I have a never-ending headache. I don't want to add more to it" says Vittorino.
"Fine, say ahhh,," says Fleur and feeds him his breakfast.
"How do you eat when I am not around?" Asks Fleur.
"I use my hands," says Vittorino.
"Then why do I feed you when I am around?" Asks Fleur.
Vittorino smirks and says "I never asked you to feed me like a toddler"
"Oh my god, you never asked me. So should I stop?" Asks Fleur.
"No, continue. At least a lot of food is not spilled when you feed me" says Vittorino and Fleur smiles.

"You are ok. Not so bad unlike some people. There are not many good people in this world. Some are really bad and have a dumpster mouth. All filled with garbage. I met one last night who made me cry" says Fleur.
"Hmm.." says Vittorino.
"Can I tell you something? I'll tell you anyway. You know, when my parents dies when I was 16, Anna took care of me though she was only 19. Our parents didn't live much behind for us to live by but she managed to put food on our table. And then I met Josh. He took care of me too. He promised to take care of me and our children. But he died. Now, for the first time, I am responsible to take care of two kids without being good at anything. I may not be earning much or conventionally but I am trying. I should be grieving or simply dying after Josh died but I didn't. I am trying. But when someone accuses me of being something I am forced to do, hurts me. Everyone is in pain and everyone is killing themselves. If not appreciated for our efforts at least don't hurt with your words. The invisible wounds left behind hurtful words hurt deeper than any visible wound" says Fleur pouring her heart out.

Vittorino opens his lips to say something but he couldn't find words to say anything except "hmm".
Fleur looks at Vittorino and says "thank you"
"What?" Asks Vittorino.
"I said thank you. Thank you for listening" says Fleur and he simply nods.

After a few minutes, Brian walks in and Fleur is excused but before she walks out of the room, Brian stops her and says "I heard from Ruth, the head maid say that you were looking for a lawyer"
"Yeah, are you a lawyer?" Asks Fleur.
"No, but I know few. You know lawyers are expensive, right? How much can you pay?" Asks Brian.
"Not much. More like I want a free lawyer who has a kind heart to represent me" says Fleur and Brian laugh out loud. But he stops when he sees she was serious.
"Oh love. One of the things a lawyer has to do to get his degree to practice law is he has to sell his soul to the devil. They don't work for free" says Brian.
"I won't give up. I'll find a way. Thank you anyway. Good day" says Fleur and leaves the room.