THIRTY-THREE (Part 2)

THIRTY-THREE Pt 2
Enzo García

"It's going to be hard to get out of here alive."

River's words have me sighing to myself and running a hand stressfully through my hair because all I can think about is my girl. My head turns slightly to the right to see a group of men — who belong to the cartel — staring at us. I turn my head to the left to see another group looking at us.

"We've been cornered in," Phoenix speaks up, pulling Callie closer to his side.

Thank Lord Killian and I taught Elodie how to defend herself. I snatch the drink out of her hand and down the whole thing.

"Hey! That was mine!" She whines and I shake my head at her.

"I'll take you on a date tomorrow to make up for it," I tell her and lean down to kiss her forehead. "You remember what Killian and I taught you on defending yourself." I watch her lift the side of her dress to reveal the gun that is tucked into her thigh holster. I smirk. "That's my girl." I stroke her cheek and she smiles brightly up at me nuzzling her cheek into the palm of my hand. 

"We've been here twenty minutes and people already want us dead. This is gonna be fun, should have stayed at home." Everest chuckles and I frown.

What is so funny about this?

"There's one more thing," River speaks up and I sigh again. "I was scoping the area and all the doors are locked, I think this place is wired."

"Wired?" Callie furrows her eyebrows in concern.

"With bombs."

I pull Elodie close to my body and she doesn't hesitate to step up against me, wrapping her arms around my waist. She looks up at me with worry so I give her a reassuring smile.

"The only way I can think of getting out of here is if we split up. Killian, Enzo, and Elodie, you three stick together. Miller and Phoenix —"

"No." Phoenix protests before River can even finish her sentence.

"Phoenix let her finish," Callie speaks up and nods at River to continue what she's saying.

River sends Phoenix a glare before speaking.

"Miller and Phoenix, you will go together and then Everest and I will go with Callie. However, there's only one exit but if we all split up, they'll think we are going in different directions. You see them stairs over there —" she points to a set of stairs and I nod my head. "They lead down to an exit that isn't being guarded and the doors are unlocked. It's our only way out of here. It leads to this abandoned swimming pool that has a tunnel where we can escape through. Luca and some of the team are already down there waiting for us."

"We can't smash one of these windows?" Everest questions and I go to agree with him but River cuts us off.

"Unless you want to get blown to pieces." She scoffs. "Everything is wired."

Fuck.

"So we've just set ourselves up and lost a load of fucking business." Killian throws his arms up in the air. "Ain't that fucking great."

"Killy, language!" Elodie steps up on her tiptoes and hits Killian around the head.

"Sorry." He mumbles and I roll my eyes.

"Gentleman! Ladies!" Anger begins to seep through my veins when Penelope steps forward towards us. "Isn't it such a lovely evening?" There's a menacing smile on her face that I don't like. Killian and I stopped doing business with her a week after knowing her. I could deal with her trying to sabotage our business but what I couldn't deal with was her harming my Elodie.