chapter 14

With padme and Ahsoka on Zeridian

When the craft they are on is about to land on the pad. Up ahead is a large circular building with many steps going around it from all sides. The building was infested with military equipment and weapons as many Marines can be seen guarding the building.

When they are about to step out of the craft the first thing they see is the ring around the planet stretching across the horizon giving the planet an exotic look. It would have been even more beautiful if not for all the destroyed ships and craters sprawled all across the landscape.

When Padme and Ahsoka exits the craft a squad of marines walk towards them with a man wearing a suit leading them. When they get close the man in the suit is the first to speak.

"It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance senator amidala. I am the representative that will be speaking on behalf of the Terran republic. You may call me Micheal for the time being." He says smiling down at her.

"It is a pleasure to meet you as well." Padme says before looking ahead as the building in front of them had some scorch marks on them.

"This is no doubt one of the most beautiful planets that I have ever seen, but what exactly happened here." Padme says as many of the terran ships patrol around the planet overhead.

"It would have been better to meet in different circumstances, but what you see around you is the aftermath of an invasion from the separatist droid army." He says confirming her thoughts.

"They gave us quite the battle, but we prevailed. We always do in the end." He says his last sentence looking far in thought making padme even more curious like this has happened to them before.

When padme was about to ask another question Micheal interrupts her.

"I'm sure you have many more questions for me, but I will answer them once we settle down." He says.

"If you would kindly follow me we will discuss are talks somewhere more secluded." He says as the marines around him make a square shape defense around them before they begin walking towards the building.

Ahsoka seeing this tenses up, but quickly calms down seeing they mean no harm. But she still keeps an eye on them not fully trusting them as they could easily turn on them.

As they walk in silence for a few seconds padme decides to break the tense atmosphere by speaking to Micheal again.

"I know you may not be able to answer this question because of reasons, but are other planets under your rule similar to Zeridian?" She questions him also peaking the interest of Ashoka as well.

"You are one curious senator." He says smirking a little causing padme to become embarrassed from his remark.

"I mean who wouldn't be curious about you all. Almost nothing is known about the Terran republic and things that we do know only causes more questions then answers." Padme says not wanting to offend him.

"It is alright to be curious senator amidala. I will take no offense towards it, but to answer your question. Yes. We have many planets just like this one and some may even rival this one when it comes to sightseeing." He says to her making her eyes widen wanting to know more but decides not to press on.

After minutes of walking they finally make it towards a big room that overlooks the city. The two of them sit down as only Ashoka, two marines and the both of them are the only ones in the room now.

"So senator why have you requested this meeting with us?" He questions her.

"I came here to try and fix the relationship with the two of our governments and try for peace. I believe we still have a chance to end this war before it boils over." She says hoping he would side with her.