Chapter 31 | Resistance

Norman was standing in front of all of the children, the front door was behind him. Isabella stood next to him as he held his suitcase in his hand.

"So long everyone! Stay in good health!" Norman waved.

"You too, Norman!" Phil said.

"Have a safe trip!" Sherry waved.

Emma looked down at the ground. (Y/n) was right beside her, Maiko was standing beside (Y/n) with Gilda and Don next to her. Isabella walked up to Emma.

"Emma, where is Ray?" She asked.

"The infirmary. He said he didn't want to come say bye to him." Emma replied.

-Flashback-

"I still can't accept this! We can't let him go like this! Norman is really going to die if we don't stop him right now!" Emma exclaimed in desperation.

She stood in front of Ray who was sitting on a bed, his head was down.

"It's impossible. We can't stop him anymore. Those guys are probably already waiting at the gate. Mama is on high alert. Most of all, Norman himself has already made his decision. I know he doesn't want to die. I know he must be feeling scared to death right now...and yet..."

"All the more reason to stop him right no-"

"NO!" Ray shouted.

Him shouting caught Emma, (Y/n), and Maiko off guard.

"If we make any stupid mistakes right now and the HQ finds out about our plans... He will truly end up dying in vain. There's nothing we can do... Absolutely nothing! Goddamnit!" Ray exclaimed.

-Flashback End-

"There's nothing we can do...other than to simply see him off in silence? The worst thing we could ever do to Norman is to let all of his efforts go to waste. He's doing everything for the sake of our family. I know. I know! I know...but... I don't want to understand!! I have to grab ahold of him now...or else Norman...will actually die! I can't let it happen. I can't let him die at all! I won't let him!" Emma thought.

"Norman!" She called.

Emma then threw her crutches and stumbled over to Norman as fast as she could. She jumped at him and hugged him close. Norman stared, a little surprised by her actions.

"I'm going to distract Mama. Please run now." She muttered in his ear.

She held Ray's gadget up to his ear. Just as she was about to activate it, Norman noticed that her injured foot was about to hit the ground, he quickly grabbed onto her waist and threw her off of him. The others watched in shock and surprise as they both hit the floor. Norman quickly covered Emma's hand that held the gadget with his own hand. (Y/n) was about to run to Emma but Maiko quickly grabbed her sleeve and pulled her back, shaking her head.

"You idiot! There's a limit to how reckless you can be!" He shouted at her.

"Distract Mama"? Was she planning on slamming her wounded foot onto the ground?! And that device... If I didn't manage to react as quickly as I just did she would've ended it up using it on me! Unbelievable..." Norman thought.