Chapter 57

RITA IS SEVEN MONTHS PREGNANT NOW

RITA

I was in the nursery of our daughter, lying sideways on the couch, taking a little rest when I felt a shadow lingering over me, making me frown.

I opened my eyes, looking up to see Roman. "Why are you sleeping on the couch, ragazza?" he asked me — picking me up.

I automatically wrapped my arms around his neck as he carried me out of our baby girl's nursery. We found out few months ago that we were going to have a baby girl.

And as soon as the gender was revealed, Roman started to renovate the room next to ours in a nursery.

He bought everything in white and baby pink. He was more exciting about decorating the nursery than me.

Therefore, I let him decorate the nursery. He also often asked for my opinion, coming with his notebook or some catalogs to me to show me if I liked what he was about to buy for our little girl.

I had mostly agreed with the furniture and the toys he wanted to buy as he had a great taste. "I was only taking a nap," I told him with a smile.

"You can also nap in the bed in our bedroom, it's more comfortable than the small couch in the nursery," he told me, kissing my head, as he walked into our bedroom and put me on the bed.

"The couch is comfortable too," I said as he took my chanclas off. I was always in my pyjamas as I was always tired, wanting to take a nap the entire time. And I wore chanclas as my feet were swollen and got sweaty in closed shoes.

"It's still not good for your back," he told me, pecking my lips before taking his shirt off. "Don't you have to work?" I asked him as he took his jeans off too and got in bed with me, pulling me on him and making me rest my head on his chest.

"It's ten in the evening, ragazza," he muttered, caressing my bump. "Really?" I asked surprised looking at the clock to see that it was really ten in the evening. "I guess I took a longer nap in the nursery than planned."

"You mean you slept the half of the day?" he asked me mockingly. "Roman," I gasped him with a smile, slapping his chest lightly, "I cannot help it! I'm pregnant!"

"And beautiful," he said with a sigh, looking at me with downcast eyes, caressing my bump now. "And kind, and gentle, you're too good for me, I don't deserve you, but I can't let you go, I love you."

I blushed at his words, giving him a shy smile. "Don't say that," I muttered, trying to sit up.

As Roman saw my struggle, he helped me sit up — asking, "What shall I not say? That I love you?"

"No, tell me you love me, but don't tell me I am too good for you, or I deserve better, because you're the best thing that happened to me," I said cupping his face, and pecking his lips.  "I thank God every day that I met you that night."

He sat up with a smirk, pulling me on his lap and saying teasingly, "And I thank Lucifer that I didn't kill you that night."

"Now aren't you romantic!" I said with a lot of sarcasm, before looking at him curiously.

"Why didn't you kill me that night? What was really holding you up from pulling that trigger?"

"My sister." He sighed.