S1: Chapter 22: Battle of Myeong-Ye Tunnel

A/N: Hey everyone! Welcome to chapter 22.

Thank you for all the love on the previous chapter. I was not expecting it to blow up as much as it did.

Please enjoy the chapter!

...

"What did you do?!"

"You shouldn't have done anything!!"

"LOOK WHAT YOU DID. THIS WAS YOUR FAULT!"

"He's gone because of you"

"Are you going to drag them into your mess too?"

"Huh?!" Shinji rose up, looking into darkness. Everything from top, bottom, left and right, all black. He spun a whole 360, wondering what was was happening.

"Whats going on?" Shinji asked aloud, spinning until a mirror appeared in front of him. A mirror that wasn't there before. 

Shinji could see a silhouette of his reflection... "No... T-That's not mine..." He thought. The silhouette was around the same height, maybe a tad shorter. He was also a little bit more on the bigger size in terms of his body. 

Shinji gulped and stepped forward, and as he expected, the reflection... The person, did not move. It just stood there, its face covered by the darkness, standing there... As if it was just waiting from him to get closer.

Shinji stopped a couple steps away from the mirror. Even though he was so close, he still couldn't make out the figures face.

"Who are--"

"You know who I am" He said, his voice distorted, the pitch shifting from high to low at random times. When he spoke, it felt like his voice was coming from all directions, making it seem like the figure was just mouthing words silently.

"You're going to drag them into your mess again?" He asked, his voice echoing in the empty void.

"What are you talking about?"

"You always cause trouble and bring it upon everyone else. You drag them into the messes and ruin you cause" He continued, anger was building in his voice.

"N-No... I don't. I would never" Shinji spoke back, turning around, only for the mirror to be still in front of him.

"Running away?" He asked. "After so many years is that all you can do? Run away from your problems? Let others clean it up and suffer the consequences, letting you off scot free? Is that what you're good at?"

"Shut up" 

"You're going to get them killed... Just like everyone else"

"SHUT UP"

The figure in the mirror grabbed Shinji's reflection by the throat. He began struggling to breath. He brought his hands up, trying to stop it, but there was nothing there.

"It's your fault, it's your fault, it's your fault!"

"ITS YOUR FAULT"

Shinji screamed, shooting up from his bed. He breathing laboured, sweat falling down from his head and chest. His eyes were devoid of any emotion, only moving to see where he was. "Ugh..." He held his side in pain. Looking down at himself, his gun shot wound was bandaged.

"Where am I?" 

"You're in my apartment in Seoul. Well... Actually my building" A familiar voice said. Shinji turned his head to see none other than Tony Stark along with Natasha walking inside.