Chapter 31 - Aftermath

after this chapter, i'll be making a list of everything you guys need to know :>

also, please read the authors note at the end, its important

and sorry for not updating in a while

btw i forgot to mention that for the battle and this scene, the outfit above was used (minus the fur. so instead of the neck fur, it's like a turtle neck, and the wrists are just normal)

.

.

.

Images flashed through your mind. 

Buildings being destroyed.

Wind gusted below you in a city that was being torn apart by people with glowing auras. 

You saw yourself teleporting through the city, Cynthis seeping into the stone and people running around you, the white aura around you glowing bright. 

The mental image shifted to you sitting on an animal with white lines running around its whole body. Glowing horns protruded on its head. It seemed to stand on the air as you looked down at the city that wasn't even a city anymore. Flooded paths, burning houses, vines entangled in markets, stone spears stuck in the ground, frost coating some areas, and dents scattered across that pulsed with Cynthis. 

Golden light flooded the area, and you shifted your gaze to an opening in the air. Pure light poured out of it, and you nudged the animal towards the opening, forcing yourself not to look down at the destruction. You noticed the same people floating towards the opening, their faces downcast. The animal trotted slowly, white ripples coming from where it stepped.. You joined the seven others, and got off, the animal forming into a star that flew and sank into your chest. You stepped onto the white path and entered the opening. 

You lifted a black hood over your head, casting your eyes to the floor. The scene slowly faded away, and you opened your eyes, returning to reality.

You made out the blurry figure to be Xiao, who was holding you up. You sighed, realizing that this was the second time in the past hour he had to stop you from falling. 

Xiao glanced at you and let go so you could stand. 

"I passed out?" You whispered, placing a hand on your head. Xiao nodded, and you both looked at the group, whose focus was on Ningguang, who was speaking.

"-Do not merely cast your protective gaze upon the land. Instead, focus your sights on our city and each of the citizens that dwell within it." Ningguang was saying. 

"Are you questioning our means of protecting Liyue?" Moon Carver asked, his tone cold and angry. Mountain Shaper sighed.

Ningguang shook her head. "I mean no offense. I simply hope that our adepti forebearers would see Liyue in a new light."

"Hah, 'forebearers' you say. One doubts you would be fit to be part of such lineage..." Cloud Retainer scoffed. 

(im gonna skip a little bit bc uh ningguang talks too much-)

"We're all on the same side here..." Aether said quietly, after Ningguang finished speaking.

"Yet another perspective," Cloud Retainer sighed. "What are you trying to say, Outlander?"

"When there is discord between the guardians and those they were meant to defend..." 

"Harmony becomes very difficult to restore." 

"Right, that's something that happened in Mondstadt - it's a story about the Four Winds and the people of the Anemo Archon. The Anemo Archon sought to quell the strife between the two sides, because he believed that such conflict would only scar the hearts of both and that nothing good would come of it..." Paimon explained.