3. Chapter

When we arrive at the party, the music is already blasting through the speakers. There are so many people and I've never seen any of them.
Wanda and Loki are gone after a second.
I don't want to do this alone. I start scratching my hand to calm me down.

I feel a hand on my shoulder. „It's okay." Natasha whispers in my ear and pulls my hands away from each other. She hands me one of her rings. „You can play with my ring, if you're anxious. Don't scratch your skin."
Natasha leads me to the bar and I twirl her ring around my index finger.

Sam is standing behind the bar counter. „Ladies, do you want a drink?"
„A Manhattan for me, please." Natasha says and sits down on one of the bar stools.
I sit down beside her. „A Bloody Mary, please."

A few minutes later, Sam places the cocktails in front of us.
„Thanks!" Nat and I say at the same time.

Natasha looks at me like she'e expecting me to say something.
„I'm so bad at small talk."

Natasha laughs. „Me too."
After a moment of silent I ask: „Do you like Harry Potter?"
„I'm sorry, but I've never seen or read it."
She has to be kidding. „I'm sorry, WHAT?!"
„I never really thought about watching or reading it."
„You're going to watch that with me!"

„Okay, okay. Calm down. Have you seen the Disney movies?"
„Well, I have seen like three of them or something." I confess.
„THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE." Nat exclaims.
„At least I've watched Harry Potter." I say defensively.
„Let's make a deal. I'm going to watch the Harry Potter movies with you and you are going to watch the Disney movies with me, okay?"
„But there are so many more Disney movies."
„I don't care. I'm not going to watch Harry Potter, if you're not going to watch the Disney movies with me. So, deal?" She holds out her hand.
„Deal." I nod and shake her hand.

We talk a little more and I see Natasha writing something on a little paper. She hands the paper to Sam.
„What did you write on that?" I ask her.
„Nothing." Nat says and looks away.

When I look at Sam, he just walks away and talks to another person.
After a few minutes he is back. „Y/n, are you gay?"

I snort and start laughing. „I didn't expect you to ask me that. I'm bi, but with a preference for women. Why do you want to know?"

„Oh, I don't want to know. Natasha asked me to ask you if you're gay."
I look at Natasha and she blushes.

She punches him in the shoulder. „Traitor. You can't just tell her that."
„You could have just asked her yourself." Sam replies with a smirk.
„No, you can't just ask that. That would be weird."

Sam rolls his eyes and walks away. Natasha turns to me. I can see that she is embarrassed.
„Why did you want to know if I'm gay?" I ask her teasingly.
„Uhm... You know. I was wondering when Loki asked you what music you like, you said Hozier and girl in red and I was like: maybe she's not straight."
„Well, are you gay?" I ask Natasha.
She chuckles. „Yes, I'm a lesbian."

We look down to our glasses and realise that they are empty.
„ANOTHER!" We say to Sam and hold the glasses in his direction.
„Why did I decide to do this job. Normally it's Thor who shouts another. You two don't have to start that now too." Sam murmurs.
Natasha and I laugh at him.

Tony suddenly stands beside Natasha. He holds out a hand. „Ms Romanoff, do you want to dance?"
„Sure." Natasha grabs his hand and Tony leads her to the dance floor.

I feel something tugging in my stomach, when I'm watching them dance.
„Don't forget that she's gay." Sam says to me and hands me my cocktail.
I look at him defiantly and empty my glass in seconds.

„Woah, are you really jealous?"
„I am NOT jealous." I say and hit my hand on the counter.
„Of course not." Sam smirks. He waves at Wanda and gestures her to come to us.

„Can you dance with Y/n? She is jealous."
„I am not jealous." I say, but Wanda pulls me onto the dance floor.
„So... Natasha?" Wands asks and wiggles her eyebrows.
„No, my gosh. I only know her for a few hours, how could I possibly be jealous?" I ask her, but at the same time I'm asking myself the same question.

We dance for a while, until Wanda whispers, „She's definitely jealous too."
I turn my head around and see Natasha sitting at the bar again. She doesn't look happy at all.
„There must be something else. She can't be jealous that I'm dancing with somebody."
Wanda just rolls her eyes and pulls me to the bar counter.
„Natasha, I don't want to dance anymore. Will you dance with Y/n?"
„Of course." Nat jumps up from her stool and we go to the dance floor.

When the music gets slower, Natasha puts her hands on my hips and pulls me closer. We're looking each other in the eyes and we're not saying anything. We're just enjoying each others presence.

After what feels like seconds, only the Avengers are still in the room.
„I think we should all go to bed." I hear Steve's voice.
Natasha and I slowly pull away from each other. „That was nice. You can keep the ring." Natasha says, places a kiss on my cheek and then walks away.

I need some time to realise that Natasha has just kissed my cheek. I slowly press my fingertip on my cheek to make sure it was real.
„Are you okay, Y/n?" Sam asks me chuckling.
„She just- she just..."

I couldn't say anything I was still in shock.
„It's going to be okay. You should go to bed. You had a few drinks."
I nod and waddle towards the elevator, while playing with Natasha's ring.