part 25

Ryujin is sitting across from Heejin pretending she's interested in whatever the girl is saying but all she's thinking about is Yeji. It hurts her that they're not okay right now. She doesn't like that Yeji is upset with her.

She's waiting for the right time to break up with Heejin. She just knows she has to do it today because she's tired of pretending things are okay with her.

"Ryujin are you okay? You're zoning out" Heejin asks.

"Let's break up" Ryujin blurted out.

Heejin frowns, "What are you talking about? You can't break up with me? Were soulmates. We're destined to be together."

"I'm not happy. I can't connect with you. I've tried. So hard to feel something for you but I can't" Ryujin looks down.

"Is it because of Yeji?" Heejin asks making Ryujin look up.

"No its not because of Yeji. In fact, she probably hates me right now. I'm choosing this because I'm not happy. You keep pressuring me to have sex with you when I'm clearly not ready. You don't really ask about my friends when you know they mean a lot to me. You're always talking about our future when I'm not even sure if we really are soulmates." Ryujin explains.

"So you don't believe me when I said that I saw you in my dream?" Heejin asks hiding her anger.

"My bestfriend knew her soulmate because she felt a connection with her. Her soulmate recently had her birthday and turns out they are each other's soulmate. If you really are my soulmate, even if I'm not of age yet, I should feel some sort of connection with you. Don't you think?" Ryujin reason out.

"It's because you like someone else so you can't open your heart to me" Heejin says.

"My bestfriend's soulmate had a boyfriend but they still had a connection. Why are you trying to push this? We barely know each other. How can you like this much already when I haven't even tried with you?" Ryujin asks.

"Because I love you Ryujin! I've loved you for a long time! Everyone knows your reputation of no strings attached. I wanted to be with you but I know you wouldn't notice me!" Heejin yells, everyone in the cafeteria staring at them, "I wanted to show you that this whole soulmate thing is bullshit. That we can fall in love with someone that's not our soulmate and live happily together!"

Ryujin stands up, grabs Heejin's hand and drag her into a nearby closet. "What are you talking about that you've loved her for a long time?"

"Exactly my point! You didn't notice me! I used to work at that Cafe you used to go to. I would watch you bring different girls there and it would always break me but I didn't care because I love you. I love you so much that I learned everything about you. Your likes and dislikes and even your schedules. Then you suddenly disappeared and it broke so when you showed up again, I had to make sure to make you mine so I lied about us being soulmates!"

"So we're not soulmates?" Ryujin asks. Completely missing the information that a woman was watching her for the longest time.

"That's all you got? After all the things I said, all you got was that we're not soulmates?" Heejin now feeling frustrated.

"You shouldn't have lied to me, Heejin. Whats worse is, you tried to have sex with me. You know how special that is for me. Something I'm saving for my soulmate. You tried to make believe we're soulmates so we could sleep together?"

"Give us an honest chance and I can show you that we can be happy together" Heejin begs.

"I can't. How can I trust you? You lied to me. How can a relationship end well if there's no trust? You shouldn't have lied" Ryujin say holding back her tears. She feels hurt and betrayed.

Heejin grabs Ryujin's hands, "Please. We can make this work. I won't lie to you anymore."

Ryujin pulls her hands away from the other, "I'm not upset that you practically stalked me but you lied. I don't like liars. I can't be with a liar. I'm sorry" Ryujin says before leaving Heejin in the closet.

She couldn't stay in the company since she's too upset. Her heart may not be broken but she's still hurt because Heejin lied to her.

------

"I'm gonna go to the restroom real quick" Yeji excuses herself from the class her and Chaeryeong are in charge of.

After doing her business, she washes her hand then someone else enters the restroom. Yeji, being curious, saw Heejin crying. They make eye contact and in a split second, Yeji feels a stinging pain on her cheek.

She looks at Heejin, "I almost had her! If you didn't show up. I would have had her!"

"What the fuck are you talking about? Are you high?" Yeji now extremely confused.

"Ryujin broke up with me because of you! Because of her stupid feelings for you!"

"Excuse me? Ryujin breaking up with you has nothing to do with me. Did I tell her to break up with you? No. Did I wish she would? Hell yea. You tried to steal my soulmate from me. I had a whole plan of developing a friendship with her and surprise her on her birthday that we're soulmates but noooo. Little miss stealer over here decided to lie" Yeji scoffs.

"Ryujin is your soulmate? For real?" Heejin asks taken aback by the information.

"Yes. I'm Ryujin's soulmate. I wish there's a law against stealing soulmates because I sue the shit out of you" Yeji glares.

"I thought you two just liked each other" Heejin softly say.

"Because we're soulmates!" Yeji raises her voice.

"Congratulations!" A woman says standing by the door.

"What?" Yeji and Heejin both ask.

"You're soulmates. Right? That's what you said. I just got here. Sorry" the woman laughs.

"Excuse me though. I have to use the toilet but if I were you, I'd find somewhere more romantic to talk" the woman enters one of the stalls.

Yeji and Heejin leaves not bothering to continue the conversation. Heejin leaves ghe building while Yeji went back to work with Chaeryeong. Feeling happy that Ryujin is single again but then she remembers she has a secret admirer and Minho oppa suddenly took an interest in her.