Twenty four

Haneul stands awkwardly, not knowing what to do

Haneul stands awkwardly, not knowing what to do. The atmosphere is chilly as usual, but the difference is that everyone is not letting her do anything.

"Miss Haneul, you can sit and rest."

"I didn't even do anything yet--"

"Here, we bring you some snacks."

"What--"

"Don't let Haneul do the heavy work!" a guy screamed inside the studio, earning a thumbs up from everyone.

Haneul looks at them weirdly, before diverting back her gaze to Jay. They just arrived and they're treating her like a princess.

"What are you guys doing? I need to do something--"

"Here you can just sit here and observe the model, see if they're making any possible mistake." one of the colleague speaks.

Haneul's eyebrows furrowed, getting confused by the treatment she's getting. She walks up to Jay, pulling his shirt to grab his attention.

He spins his body, waiting for her to speak.

"Can I talk with you?"

"You're already talking."

"No, I mean, somewhere else."

Jay paused, leaning closer to her face, "Ooh~ what do you want to do privately?" he teased, causing her to bump her forehead to his.

He groans in pain, looking at her in disbelief. "What the hell? I'm just kidding..." he hisses in pain. Haneul looks at him with a frown, pulling his hand with her.

She pushes him to one of the storage rooms, closing it behind. Jay got no choice but to follow her lead, still caressing his forehead in pain.

"Why is everyone treating me differently?" Haneul asks straight to the point, crossing her arm.

"What different?" he raises one of his eyebrows.

"They don't let me do anything!"

Jay stays quiet, thinking of a reply. He diverts his attention to the surrounding, avoiding her intense glare.

"Did you tell them that I'm sick?"

"What? No! I didn't..." Jay defend. His eyes widened in surprise, shaking his head violently denying her question.

"Then what?"

Jay rubs his temple, pausing for a while before answering.

"I just told them to not let you... Overwork." He shows her a guilty smile.

Haneul gulps down her saliva, looking at him in awe. He's being so nice, caring for her without her knowing which makes her stomach twirl in excitement.

She knows that he is just being nice to her, but she doesn't want to get all of this extra treatment just for being 'sick'. It makes her feel vulnerable and thinks as a burden to people.