Chapter 36: Paige

I giggled as Ryder kissed my mark affectionately. Yesterday, I decided to stay. That night, Ryder and I mated for the first time.

As soon as we left dinner, Ryder led me into the guestroom. He shut the door and kissed me hard. He pulled away, leaving me breathless. I kissed him back and felt his hands grip my butt. He pulls away and turns away. I walk over to him and see his eyes are dark with lust. "Ryder," I call my mate's name. He struggles to gain control and I kiss him. "Make me yours, tonight," I say, my cheeks heating up at the words that I was saying. He looks at me for confirmation before locking his lips with mine. I feel him hard against my stomach and he gently picks me up. He puts me down on the bed.

Ryder squeezes my butt, bringing me back to the present. I squeal and pull the bedcovers higher up my body as my breasts are nearly exposed. He smirks before pulling me close to him. I blushed as I recalled how intimate we were. How well acquainted I got with a certain part of my mate's anatomy which was currently pressed against my butt. "You are so beautiful." He says, kissing the back of my shoulder. I turn over to see my mark on his neck. I traced the mark which had my initials, PS in beautiful calligraphy. He kisses me again.

He pulls away and lazily plays with my hair. He takes my hand in his. "How are you feeling?" He asks, gently. "I'm tired-" I stop and flush red as I realise what he was referring to. He chuckles and kisses my nose. "Fuck, you're adorable." He declares, the warmth in his grey eyes making me turn even redder. "I'm a little sore," I say quietly. He frowns slightly and softly kisses the back of my hand. "I'm sorry. I think I lost control towards the end." He says, sheepishly. I wanted to hide in a hole when I recalled how I begged him to go harder.

Ryder grins as he watches me hide my face with my hands. He then rolls out of bed in all his naked glory. I gasped and covered my eyes with my hands. I peek slightly to find him staring at me. He grins at me before leaning forward to kiss me. "This is all yours." He says, with a smirk. I watch his retreating back as he goes to fill in the bath. He quickly returns and jumps back into bed with me. CONGRATS! Screams a voice, startling me. I look around wildly to find the source of the voice that oddly sounded like Chase. Then it hits me. As Luna, I now had the ability to mindlink every one in the pack.

"Everyone must have felt the connection develop between you and the pack after we mated." Replies Ryder, making me stare at him. He pulls me closer to him and kisses down my neck to my mark. "Not to mention we weren't trying to be quiet." He adds, with a grin. In short, I was burning with embarrassment and I didn't know if I could face the pack members again. Ever. He gets up and checks the bathtub. He runs back with a grin. "Bath time!" He chants, removing the bedcovers off of me. I shriek and cover my body with my hands. He scoops me up into his arms and carries me to the bathtub. He gently sets me inside. The warm water soothes me and I giggle as I watch my mate join me.

"I put in bubbles for you." He says, looking proud. I knew that we had seen each other naked but I couldn't help feeling shy. He takes my hand and kisses it. "Thank you for last night." He says, his grey eyes twinkling. I blush and nod. "Turn around. I'm washing your hair." He orders, making me giggle. After a nice bath, we get dressed and head downstairs for breakfast. Louise and Chase welcome us with ear-splitting grins. Ryder kisses the top of my head as I cover my face with my hands feeling mortified.

"Goddess, I am so excited to see some pups soon." Chase declares, making Louise snigger. Ryder rolls his eyes and helps me sit down. We dig into our breakfast. Halfway through, I catch Ryder staring at me. "Damn, I love you so much." He announces, making me nearly drop my fork. Chase groans and takes his now empty plate to the sink. He grabs Louise's hand and says, "Let's get out of this mushiness. It's their honeymoon phase." I blush at his words and watch as Louise puts her own plate away.

"Better not have sex on the table. Please. We eat here." Chase hollers, over his shoulder as they leave the room. Ryder grins widely. "Finally. Took them long enough to get the hint." He declares, pulling my chair right beside his. He tucks a strand of hair behind my ear and his arms pull me back into his lap. "I want you all to myself today." He confesses as I lace my fingers through his. I looked up at his grey eyes and an idea struck me. "I want to take you somewhere," I said, shyly. He gives me a look of excitement.

"Anything we'll need?" He asks, making me grin widely.

"Perhaps some shovels, trash bags, and gloves," I answered, making a puzzled look appear on Ryder's face. We quickly clean up the plates and grab the tools from the shed. I take his hand and we walk side by side. Uncertainty crosses Ryder's face as we arrive at the garden. I guide him inside the maze and show him the rose."What do you say? I think the garden's been neglected for far too long." I suggest, making a smile appear on his face. He twirls me around and kisses me. I laugh and pick up the overgrown weeds.

Sometimes life doesn't go as planned. Weeds take over and flowers wilt but in end, we can always begin yet again.

After all, I reached you, Ryder Black.