Bonus chapter 2

Bonus Chase p.o.v

Today, started out wonderfully as my mate kissed me and sent me off the pack meeting with some naughty promises that I looked forward to. I shake my head at my stupidity to think that this meeting would go smoothly. Delta Cameron had misplaced several documents and I had forgotten to remind the Gamma Landon of the new training plan for the pack warriors. To put it all in perspective, it had Ryder seething. I gulped nervously as his eyes darkened and he tightly gripped the side of the table. My wolf retreated to the back of my mind, his tail hiding between his legs. So much for being beta. My eyes nearly left their sockets when Ryder's hands ripped off the part of the table. Cameron visibly winces as he breaks the marble table. The door opens to reveal Ashley who is late for the meeting. She slowly begins to close the door as she sees Ryder's wolfed-out eyes. Ryder storms over to the door and yanks the door off the hinges. Ashley scampers over to the table and her eyes widen in fright as she takes in the broken table. We had fucked up. Bad.

"WHY THE FUCK DO I HAVE TO LOOK AFTER YOU LIKE DAMN PUPS!" He bellows, his voice making us shake. The room rattles and we instantly know Liam had taken over. I resort to the only solution to save our asses from being annihilated. Paige, get the fuck over here. Your mate is about to kill us all. I mind linked Paige, trembling. "CAMERON! HOW THE FUCK DO YOU LOSE SHIT ALL THE FUCKING TIME!" He yells, making Cameron show his neck in submission. That only makes him angrier. "WHY FUCKING SUBMIT! I. WANT. YOU. TO. FUCKING. FIND. IT! " He roars, Ashley whimpers and hides under the table. "I-I'm sorry. But last night was kind of-" I blubbered, making his eyes narrow. "EXCUSES?! HUNDREDS OF LIVES REST ON US, GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!" He demands, making me shrink in my chair. I clasp my hands together and pray to the Moon Goddess to take pity on us. He takes a deep breath to curb his anger but he only ends up angrier. Ashley glances at the door and what she is about to do is clear in her eyes.

Unlucky for her, Ryder catches it. He picks up the door and slams it back in place. Ashley cowers and she mouths goodbye to all of us. "ASHLEY? WHEN DID I SAY WAS THE MEETING?" He yells. Ashley pops her head out from behind Landon. "Ten" She whispers, shaking. He points at the clock. "WHAT FUCKING TIME DID YOU COME IN?" He asks, making us all flinch at his harsh tone. "Twelve" She mumbles, guilt in her eyes. Ryder paces back and forth. He growls in frustration. It was true that we had all been slacking off. We knew how Ryder was on cloud nine with his mate. We took advantage of Paige and now we were facing the consequences. That's when the Goddess finally answered my prayers. We hear a knock and I dash to the door and open it. We are greeted by the blessed sight of our Luna. Paige carries a tray of cookies and some coffee. From the corner of my eye, I see Ryder frozen staring at his mate. I help her over to the table. She takes in the sight of the broken table and hides a smile.

She places the tray down and pours all of us a cup of coffee. Ashley clings to her, whimpering. She turns her back on Ryder as she passes out the cookies. She gives us a wink, making Cameron's eyes water in gratitude. Ryder is now seated in his chair, staring at Paige with dark eyes. She smiles and makes her way towards her mate. She pours a cup of coffee, then from her pocket, she pulls out a heart-shaped cookie. Nice work, Luna! I mind link Paige as she smirks at us. She gasps as Ryder pulls her onto her lap. He buries his nose in her neck and sniffs. Cameron's body relaxes as we feel the tension lower. Who called Luna? Landon mind links us. I grinned smugly as they give me high fives. I turn to see Ryder's eyes reverting back to grey. He scowls and looked more like the sulky Alpha mate that we all adored. Paige runs her hand through his hair and kisses his cheek. It was a comical sight to see our tiny Luna sitting on the lap of our Alpha who towered over her. "Cameron lost the contract. Landon and Chase forgot to start up the new training plan. Ashley was late." He grumbles, making Paige give him a sympathetic look. It gave us a whiplash whenever we saw how whipped he was for his mate. "I think I know how to solve this." She mutters, gently. She slides off Ryder's lap. He looks like a lost puppy as he follows her with his eyes. "Eat your cookie, honey." She says, gently. Ashley holds back a snort as we watch him obediently take a bite of his cookie.

She walks over to Cameron. She reaches into her pocket and holds out a cream-colored envelope. Cameron gasps. "LUNA! Where was it?!" He stammers, stunned. Paige giggles at his dumbfounded expression. "I found it under the couch and I was going to give it to you yesterday after dinner but you sounded occupied." She explains, making Cameron flush red. That's all I had in mind, what should I do, now?  She mind links us, making me facepalm. Fuck, how were we going to dismiss Ashley's late arrival as well as Landon and my fuckup? She grins suddenly. Wait! I have thought of something. She straightens up and says, "Landon, Ashley, Cameron, and Chase, could you step out of the room for a second?" I nodded and we made our way out. We walk away to give them privacy. "They better not be fucking." Ashley whispers, looking relieved. We hear a large whoop and the sound of Paige's laughter. The door is yanked open and Ryder's eyes are twinkling with delight as he carries his mate in the other arm. "You better figure out the training plan. You all are dismissed." He declares, beaming as Paige nuzzles her head into his neck. What the heck did she tell him? "Congratulations," blurbs Ashley, with a knowing grin. Paige gives Ashley a soft smile as Ryder carries her away. That's when we clutch our heads in agony as Ryder bellows into our mind link. I AM GOING TO BE A DAD!!!

Cameron and I grinned. I could only pray that our little Alpha pup takes after his or her mother's level-headed nature.