4.8

TOMMY SHELBY WAS ONE, of the bravest known men to storm the earth but his strong composure crumbled beneath him when he realised Changretta hadn't came for Arthur so instead had went to Micheal. Micheal in the hospital. The hospital where he had sent Beth too. It was like a jigsaw puzzle connecting in his mind as he ran toward the hospital and down the familiar route to the ward Micheal was in. When he pushed open the first doors, the first site his eyes landed on was the blinder dead on the floor, blood trailed from his body.

Tommy resisted the urge to let out a sob at the site as he registered his mind to see the love of his life dead inside the next set of doors. Tommy rushed toward the doors, his eyes cast down, too afraid to look into the windows as he hammered on the door screaming for Beth. Letting out an aggravated kick, he stood back, watching as Arthur raised his gun, shooting off the lock with ease. Bethany Clover was fuming angry with Thomas Shelby, for the danger he had set her in but once she saw the broken look on his face and the tears that silently ran down his face, her heart dropped as she ran into his shaking arms.

"My god." Tommy murmured, his hand petting down through her hair as she squeezed him. "Your alive. Your alive. Your alive." Tommy repeated, squeezing her even tighter against his body. "I'm alive Tommy." Beth repeated, pulling back slightly to look into his clouded blue eyes as she nodded in reassurance. "I'm alive darling. I'm alive." Tommy grasped her in his arms, too afraid to let her go as he glanced toward Arthur for a split second. "Micheal? What happened, eh? What happened?" Arthur demanded. "The heard you, they heard you coming." Micheal spoke timidly. "They gun misfired. They ran away."

"Johnny!" Arthur barked, leaving the door Luca had left. "You came just in time." Micheal said softly, noticing the way Tommys eyes stayed on Beth, never once glancing toward him. "You both alright? Neither of you are hurt?" Tommy asked. "I'm fine. Beth hit the table when she fell but I thinks he's alright, are you Beth?" Micheal murmured. Beth nodded, sighing. "He's such a vile man." Beth grumbled, placing her forehead to Tommy's chest. "He put his gun to her head Tommy. Beth was prepared to take a bullet for me. Dared him to shoot her." Micheal rambled. Beth glanced behind at him shooting him a nasty glare. "Snitch." She cursed quietly.

Tommy glared into Beth's eyes, not finding her comment amusing. "Do you not learn Bethany?" He grumbled. Beth only grinned, shrugging playfully. "I guess not."  Tommy sat into of the chairs. "I thought I'd arrive and you'd both be dead." He admitted, resting his knuckles against his chin. Beth walked over to sit into the seat beside him but Tommy grasped her hips, pulling her down to sit on his lap, his arms wrapping tightly around her as if she'd evaporate into thin air. "I thought you were dead." Tommy sighed, resting his forehead against her shoulder blade as he huffed.

Tommy and Beth waited another hour in the hospital with Micheal as Tommy arranged more security and protections in place for his cousins protection. After he was content and Micheal had fallen asleep, Tommy and Beth began their walk home. Tommy held her hand tightly in his as they walked through the cold air in a comfortable silence. Tommy stayed silent, staring at Beth as her blonde hair moved against the wind, her free hand rested on her hip that ached as she walked strong as if her life had not nearly just been taken from her. Tommy waited till they got back to Polly's empty home in Watery Lane to talk. His mind pacing.

They sat in front of a fire, Beth grasping her cup of tea tightly as she watched the flames. "I love you more than fucking anything in this world." Tommy spoke up. Beth eyes glanced toward him, a grin covering her face as she nodded. "I love you too Tommy." She spoke softly. "No. You don't understand." Tommy began, moving to look directly into her eyes. "I cheated with Grace because I was bloody scared of how I fucking felt about you Beth. When I found out she was pregnant my life stopped. I have done so much bad to you and you have managed to love me through it fucking all. I thought you were dead."

Looking down, Tommy held back the urge to sob. "I thought you were dead and I never told you I fucking loved you properly." Tommy sighed, rubbing his forehead. Beth's face contorted as she covered her face as the tears began to race down her face. "All I've ever wanted was for you to tell me you love me." Beth murmured, reaching forward to straddle Tommy's lap, wrapping her arms around him into a hug as he too broke down into her shoulder blade. "I thought you were dead." Tommy repeated, his hands pulling her in as tight as he could. Beth pulled back slightly, her eyes meeting his blue eyes as she rested her forehead against him. "I'm here."

Tommys lips met hers in a slow kiss. "Let me show you how much I love you." Tommy murmured, pushing her blonde hair behind her ear, as he watched her nod. "I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you." Tommy repeated against her lips as they met again in a faster pace. His large hands cupped her thighs tightly as his lips moved from her lips to her neck. A moan left Beth's pinks lips as she grinned down against him, bruises littering down her neck as Tommy grasped under her thighs, standing up as he began to lumber up the stairs. Beth's laughs filling the empty room as he made it toward their room, throwing her onto the mattress.

"I love you."